Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
These two lines really get me:

Yeah okay, maybe in youth rec sports or something, not in a legitimate competition played at a pretty high level. For the top teams coming into the WJC, it is absolutely true that only first place counts.

To be frustrated is "not the right attitude"? Who the actual **** wrote this? That is truly one of the stupidest things I have ever read with regards to losing a sporting event.
Where was the quoted from? It sounds like it’s written by a sports intellectual theory professor who’s never played a minute of anything competitively in his life. I mean even a spelling B loss in 2nd grade should warrant a good ‘f*** me’ or ‘oh shit! You meant read as in past tense not present? Well f*** you then and f*** your second place trophy too!’

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Where was the quoted from? It sounds like it’s written by a sports intellectual theory professor who’s never played a minute of anything competitively in his life. I mean even a spelling B loss in 2nd grade should warrant a good ‘**** me’ or ‘oh ****! You meant read as in past tense not present? Well **** you then and **** your second place trophy too!’
It was the press release the IIHF put out.

IIHF - IIHF Disciplinary board decision

Reactions: Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Where was the quoted from? It sounds like it’s written by a sports intellectual theory professor who’s never played a minute of anything competitively in his life. I mean even a spelling B loss in 2nd grade should warrant a good ‘**** me’ or ‘oh ****! You meant read as in past tense not present? Well **** you then and **** your second place trophy too!’

Yeah, and it’s record suspensions for IIHF in junior hockey. And lol OK if Lias got some kind of suspension for tossing the medal, most can be assumed that something like that isn’t super good.

But someone like Rasmus Dahlin who just took of the medal and held it in his hand when skating off, did he even have a clue that he was violating some rule??

Mail the chairman...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, and it’s record suspensions for IIHF in junior hockey. And lol OK if Lias got some kind of suspension for tossing the medal, most can be assumed that something like that isn’t super good.

But someone like Rasmus Dahlin who just took of the medal and held it in his hand when skating off, did he even have a clue that he was violating some rule??

Mail the chairman...

Well, if that is the reason for Dahlin's suspension, I expect the Canadian female to be suspended as well for doing the same at the Olympics

31727731_10156504809331600_6557454646175072256_n.jpg

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I hope Sweden wins gold at Worlds.

Then Lias will go up, get his medal, and then skate over to center ice, chuck it down onto the ground, and take a big fat dump on top of it.

IIHF is stupid.

Reactions: Mac n Gs and Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lines in practice, wasn’t sure Lias would be in but it seems like he is. The level of play in the WCH will be pretty sick.

Förstakedjan
Rickard Rakell - Mika Zibanejad - Mattias Janmark
Andrakedjan:
Gustav Nyquist - Mikael Backlund - Elias Pettersson
Tredjekedjan:
Jacob de la Rose - Johan Larsson - Magnus Pääjärvi
Fjärdekedjan:
Dennis Everberg - Adrian Kempe - Lias Andersson
John Norman
Backpar
John Klingberg - Hampus Lindholm
Adam Larsson - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Mikael Wikstrand - Erik Gustafsson
Målvakter:
Anders Nilsson och Magnus Hellberg

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Lines in practice, wasn’t sure Lias would be in but it seems like he is. The level of play in the WCH will be pretty sick.

Förstakedjan
Rickard Rakell - Mika Zibanejad - Mattias Janmark
Andrakedjan:
Gustav Nyquist - Mikael Backlund - Elias Pettersson
Tredjekedjan:
Jacob de la Rose - Johan Larsson - Magnus Pääjärvi
Fjärdekedjan:
Dennis Everberg - Adrian Kempe - Lias Andersson
John Norman
Backpar
John Klingberg - Hampus Lindholm
Adam Larsson - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Mikael Wikstrand - Erik Gustafsson
Målvakter:
Anders Nilsson och Magnus Hellberg
4th liner, bust.

Reactions: Ola

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
These two lines really get me:

Yeah okay, maybe in youth rec sports or something, not in a legitimate competition played at a pretty high level. For the top teams coming into the WJC, it is absolutely true that only first place counts.

To be frustrated is "not the right attitude"? Who the actual **** wrote this? That is truly one of the stupidest things I have ever read with regards to losing a sporting event.

Dear Lord, I'm not sure where you even start with their second statement there you originally quoted. Complete shambles.

We might very well lack a few 'character' guys, but I'll be very interested to see some of our guys next season, away from AV. Who knows the style of coach we will go for, but I'd bet it might be a bit less whistle to whistle and turn the other cheek hockey. I certainly hope so anyway.

Glad we have a player like Lias on the rise. A mentality like that is not easy to teach, probably impossible some might say.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They want him to be all like "oh well. Better luck next time". Yeah, that was his response last year. And the year before. You reach a point where there is no next year. This was it. His last year of winning a junior world championship. I really hate this "everyone is a winner" mentality

I've played in 3 national rugby championships in 4 years. I have 3 silver medals. Guess how much the 3rd one means to me? Nothing. I kept the first one, the other two I gave to my mom and grandma. I also remember almost nothing from the first final. The third though? Everything. Every play where we could have won it. And getting the medal, thinking "Another one, f*** this".

Some of my teammates just gave their medals away to kids on the sideline. I should ask if they ever got suspended by the Dutch rugby union hahahaha.

Last edited:

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Well, if that is the reason for Dahlin's suspension, I expect the Canadian female to be suspended as well for doing the same at the Olympics.

Guess she was just following LA's example. She probably didn't think of the suspension consequences. Maybe LA will have his games transferred to his next IIHF event if that's the case.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Guess she was just following LA's example. She probably didn't think of the suspension consequences. Maybe LA will have his games transferred to his next IIHF event if that's the case.

I just remember the outcry about the Swedes on Canadian social media, and then those same people defending this woman because "she's upset she didn't win gold. It shows passion" haha.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
One of the reasons why I always treat scouting reports on "The next Lidstrom" or "The next Karlsson" with a grain of salt.
Scouting reports tend to be... -I don't wanna say racist- but they try too hard to compare players from the nation when that comparison often isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad