Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I just remember the outcry about the Swedes on Canadian social media, and then those same people defending this woman because "she's upset she didn't win gold. It shows passion" haha.

I dunno;

1. She never threw her medal into the crowd and that was what people were reacting to; and

2. Just because two people are from the same place, it doesn't mean they're the 'same people'.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
That's in no way meant to be a defense of Canadian hockey fans btw. Most of them are Leafs fans, and consequently insane.

I just have heard practically no hypocrisy around the medal thing, so I'm not sure where you're coming up with that.

Reactions: haveandare

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I remember one report for Larsson called him 'The Swedish Bobby Orr' omgggg :skeptic:

Larsson seems like he just never really developed. For a young guy thrown right into the NHL he was pretty decent, had good vision, could make some nice plays...but he just kind of stagnated. Skills (skating, shot, etc) weren't there to take it up a notch and despite some early promise, his hockey smarts weren't enough to make up for that either.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
May 4-May 20

Ranger participants:

Czech Republic: Chytil
Russia: Buchnevich, Shestyorkin
Sweden: Andersson, Zibanejad
USA: Kreider, Pionk

Also Hellberg and Klingberg, but does anyone care?

Reactions: bl02

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
All our players have been registered, except Chytil.

Filip right now isn't in the top 12, and his registration is likely on hold for Czech Republic to see if they get any second round elimination players from the NHL. Czech fans seem mad about this. Why does Necas get handed a top 6 role but Chytil might not even get to play?

Kreider has been playing on the third line with White and DeBrincat, Pionk has been playing on the second pair with Oesterle. I'd like to see Pionk bumped up, no way should Nick Jensen be playing ahead of him. I suspect the only reason he is doing so is because his NHL coach is coaching the team. US team is stacked on the wings, Kreider probably isn't any better than a third line wing for this team.

Zibanejad is playing on the first line with Rakell and Janmark. Rakell is very good good, so that should be good for Mika. Janmark is a third line forward, I don't know why he's so high in the lineup. Should've just kept Andersson on that wing. Andersson is playing on the fourth line with Kempe and Everberg. Kempe is a good player, and should help Lias out. Everberg sucks, and couldn't even score 20 points in the KHL this season.

Shestyorkin will be the back up to start the tournament. He keeps getting shafted by these coaches. The new Russian coach was the coach of Koshechkin at the club level, so he's playing favorites here. Shestyorkin outplayed Koshechkin in the pre-tournament games and the last few KHL seasons. They never seem to care though about performance. But at least he's moved up a spot over Sorokin since the Olympics. Shestyorkin looks likely to have a chance to get to play a game or two this tournament, and maybe he'll be able to challenge for the starting spot if the starter doesn't play well. Buchnevich is on the second line with Grigorenko and Anisimov. Anisimov had a bad season, but is still a semi-decent player. Grigorenko is playing now in the KHL and doing well. He wasn't a total non-factor in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Hound

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
All our players have been registered, except Chytil.

Filip right now isn't in the top 12, and his registration is likely on hold for Czech Republic to see if they get any second round elimination players from the NHL. Czech fans seem mad about this. Why does Necas get handed a top 6 role but Chytil might not even get to play?
The Czech team didn't give Chytil a fair chance at the world juniors either, guess they dont like him for some reason. Most of the players on the Czech roster suck I don't get why they wont play Chytil or even Zadina for that matter. They didn't even register Kaut, why is Necas getting special treatment over all the other young guys

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
The Czech team didn't give Chytil a fair chance at the world juniors either, guess they dont like him for some reason. Most of the players on the Czech roster suck I don't get why they wont play Chytil or even Zadina for that matter. They didn't even register Kaut, why is Necas getting special treatment over all the other young guys
Coach Josef Jandač is czech Alain Vigneault. But it is likely that he will be registered later. Chytil was injured before and during WJC and I think this played a role in his case. But I also have a problem and really do not like Filip Pešán who was a coach in last juniors.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Little bit OT, but looks like the IIHF updated the suspension on Andersson and he won't be able to take part in the 2019 WC, instead of the 2019 WJC as was originally listed. Same duration of the first 4 games.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Little bit OT, but looks like the IIHF updated the suspension on Andersson and he won't be able to take part in the 2019 WC, instead of the 2019 WJC as was originally listed. Same duration of the first 4 games.
Lol took the IIHF long enough to realize that more than half these players cant play in the world juniors next year anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad