Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
i really can't wait to see Kreider blow past Canada's defense. wanna watch Sweden/Belarus too but i'm not sure it's really worth it, unless Lias gets good playing time. can see Mika abusing the opposition.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
All our players have been registered, except Chytil.

Filip right now isn't in the top 12, and his registration is likely on hold for Czech Republic to see if they get any second round elimination players from the NHL. Czech fans seem mad about this. Why does Necas get handed a top 6 role but Chytil might not even get to play?

Kreider has been playing on the third line with White and DeBrincat, Pionk has been playing on the second pair with Oesterle. I'd like to see Pionk bumped up, no way should Nick Jensen be playing ahead of him. I suspect the only reason he is doing so is because his NHL coach is coaching the team. US team is stacked on the wings, Kreider probably isn't any better than a third line wing for this team.

Zibanejad is playing on the first line with Rakell and Janmark. Rakell is very good good, so that should be good for Mika. Janmark is a third line forward, I don't know why he's so high in the lineup. Should've just kept Andersson on that wing. Andersson is playing on the fourth line with Kempe and Everberg. Kempe is a good player, and should help Lias out. Everberg sucks, and couldn't even score 20 points in the KHL this season.

Shestyorkin will be the back up to start the tournament. He keeps getting shafted by these coaches. The new Russian coach was the coach of Koshechkin at the club level, so he's playing favorites here. Shestyorkin outplayed Koshechkin in the pre-tournament games and the last few KHL seasons. They never seem to care though about performance. But at least he's moved up a spot over Sorokin since the Olympics. Shestyorkin looks likely to have a chance to get to play a game or two this tournament, and maybe he'll be able to challenge for the starting spot if the starter doesn't play well. Buchnevich is on the second line with Grigorenko and Anisimov. Anisimov had a bad season, but is still a semi-decent player. Grigorenko is playing now in the KHL and doing well. He wasn't a total non-factor in the NHL.
This doesn't make sense, in these pre tournament Chytil was one of the better players and had a lot of time on ice. Did Czech Republic get so many good new players for the WHC? Looking at their line up it doesn't seem so for me.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lias has a goal.

I didn't see Chytil on the Czech roster, so I don't know what that's about. The "new" IIHF website is ass though so who knows.

Shestyorkin didn't play, the other guy did.

Pionk had no points but was +2.

Kreider, Zibs and Buch all did stuff but I only care about the prospects, personally.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Smart of the Czechs to leave Zadina Chytil and Kaut at home when Roman Horak is on their first line.

Clown show. No wonder their country has fallen off a cliff with their hockey development. Smartest thing Zadina and Chytil did was leave and come to NA to learn the game.

Reactions: Rangers743

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Smart of the Czechs to leave Zadina Chytil and Kaut at home when Roman Horak is on their first line.

Clown show. No wonder their country has fallen off a cliff with their hockey development. Smartest thing Zadina and Chytil did was leave and come to NA to learn the game.
Maybe that was one of the reasons they were left out, Necas is on the team.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden

Lias with the first goal in a 5-0 blowout. He had a good game, he's NHL ready I would say. He has all the right instincts and is solid both ways. He won't score many highlight reel goals, but he knows where he has to be to be effective. Zibanejad with a 1+1 game, he had a fine game as well. When he gets his wheels going, he's such an effective transition player.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Maybe that was one of the reasons they were left out, Necas is on the team.
Yeah it's just weird, I was reading stories in the Czech press about Chytil and the awesome year he had and now it's culminating in sitting on a plane heading to the WC. If they left him out, it must have been at the absolute last minute.

And yeah I saw Necas, figured maybe that was it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I hope everyone else doing well on other teams (including some of the Lightnings) is a sign of things to come post-AV.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Saw some highlights on that Sweden game, Lias with a nice goal, Zib with an absolutely beautiful assist and a goal. Buch scored as well and had an assist, saw highlights on Alex Nunn’s page, had some nice plays. Didn’t get to see any of these games though. How’d Lias and Pionk do?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Saw some highlights on that Sweden game, Lias with a nice goal, Zib with an absolutely beautiful assist and a goal. Buch scored as well and had an assist, saw highlights on Alex Nunn’s page, had some nice plays. Didn’t get to see any of these games though. How’d Lias and Pionk do?

Lias looked very good in a limited role.

Gotta admit that I never looked for Pionk much during his game though.

Reactions: Lays

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
In this case they are outside of like one or two guys

Zadina didn't impress playing against grown-ups in his games for his country. I have no problem with him not being on the team. Kaut, Necas and Chytil weren't pushed around, weren't out-muscled. I know it's cliche, but Zadina playing against kids all year long didn't really prepare him for this tournament. I think the physical aspect is severely underestimated in this.

Chytil on the 3rd line makes sense. He will get his chance. But the Czech Republic has better options, better suited for this level of play, to be on the top line. As mentioned before, guys like Horak, Faksa, and even Plekanec, are better than Chytil and all play center. On the wing, Jaskin, Cervenka and arguably Repik are better options at this level.

I love Chytil, but we have to remember he is 18 years old. This isn't the World Juniors, or the AHL. This is the World Championships where the opposition exists of NHL, SHL and KHL players primarily.

Reactions: Graves94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad