Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
DatePlayerTeamTransaction
2018-04-09Lias Andersson (C)HartfordDELReassigned by NY Rangers (NHL) to Team Sweden (World Championships)
2018-04-09Filip Chytil (C)HartfordDELReassigned by NY Rangers (NHL) to Czech Republic World Championship Team
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I know there was some question about whether Chytil would head over for camp. This seems to definitively answer that. Same for Andersson. Odds on them making their teams?

No AHL games for them this weekend, for sure.

Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere. I looked but didn't really see anything.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know if this means they're on the teams, or if they have to participate in a "camp" of sorts to make the team.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hope Lias doesn’t win Silver again

If he wins gold he should toss it if it isn’t named Tournament MVP. Both teams are lined up next to each other when they announce the MVP, he should just leave the line, toss the gold to the fans as tears are falling down his cheeks as he skates off the ice.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If Sweden wins gold, Lias needs to slam dunk the medal through the ice. And then rip off his jersey Hulk Hogan style.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't know if this means they're on the teams, or if they have to participate in a "camp" of sorts to make the team.

It’s a unwritten rule to not cut a NHLer from the WCH squad. Lol let’s just say that it’s a long story. Back in the day, it was a big deal and headlines in papers etc if a NHLer came to the WCHs. During a decade Sweden went like from having 10 NHLers to 40 to like 80 in the NHL/AHL today. A crappy Swedish NHLer was cut and there was huge headlines in the papers, like the ‘Mega star’s super fiasco’ and stuff like that. The coach wasn’t liked either by the players and many turned down the WCHs for many reasons I assume but gave the excuse that they didn’t feel like hurrying over to Europe leaving the family after a long season to risk getting cut just after a few days before they got their legs going etc. It’s kind of motivated that the coach only should pick NHLers he is sure that he will use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->