Anderson's year

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
There were many rumours he bailed on Colorado when they would not give him a new contract and his play suffered.
He had a weird kitchen injury, unheard of, while allegedly cutting chicken "at night" Frozen chicken at that.
This year he has another hand injury.

As for the competitive edge...it's there for sure, but so is the "Jesus look" of slumping the shoulders and looking skyward when he feels a bad goal has been scored. Rare are the opportunities when he shakes it off, then stops puck after puck after puck after a bad goal. Good goalie to be sure but Lehner will take us far...

Oh good, another one of MM's mythical tellings of Robin Lehner's incredible puck-stopping "competitiveness".

It's not like Robin hasn't looked skyward with his arms in the air after every goal he's given up lately.

Oh wait, he has.

Board credibility is a tough thing to get back once you lose it...

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Are people seriously questioning anderson's knife injury? LOL please offer some explanations for his finger being nearly severed so i can have a good laugh.

I have zero idea where people are getting this bs about anderson. I'd damn well do a "jesus look" when my team has screwed me so badly these last few years. I have no idea WTF people are talking about saying he lets in a goal and cant shake it off. We actually have a better record when getting scored on first.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Are people seriously questioning anderson's knife injury? LOL please offer some explanations for his finger being nearly severed so i can have a good laugh.

I have zero idea where people are getting this bs about anderson. I'd damn well do a "jesus look" when my team has screwed me so badly these last few years. I have no idea WTF people are talking about saying he lets in a goal and cant shake it off. We actually have a better record when getting scored on first.

Consider the source...

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
I think the one thing that everyone needs to remember here is that goalies are freaking weird. You listen to what they say because they are th most important players on the team and they know how their bodies need to feel to play at what they consider a good level. The last thing we need is Andy rushing back, playing poorly and ruining his confidence.

Anderson has the competitive edge, he called out the team for playing like crap about a month ago. As for him doing the skyward look, I'm sure you can find just about any goalie doing it when they let in a goal they don't like. Price, Rask, Lundqvist and Quick would all look up in disgust if they had to consistently bail out our defense for their awful mistakes.

Andy is fine, let's let Lehner ride out the next few games and hope he gets comfortable and then let's have ourselves a good old goalie controversy.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Maybe I'm just hungover, but I got some good laughs out of this thread. Keep up the good work guys!

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I really wish someone would show a comparison video of Anderson vs Lehner after a goal, so we could watch their reaction.

From my own anecdotal eye test I'd say Anderson looks far more at ease at letting it go and settling back down.. and that's as it should be, being a veteran #1 goalie in the NHL

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There were many rumours he bailed on Colorado when they would not give him a new contract and his play suffered.
He had a weird kitchen injury, unheard of, while allegedly cutting chicken "at night" Frozen chicken at that.
This year he has another hand injury.

As for the competitive edge...it's there for sure, but so is the "Jesus look" of slumping the shoulders and looking skyward when he feels a bad goal has been scored. Rare are the opportunities when he shakes it off, then stops puck after puck after puck after a bad goal. Good goalie to be sure but Lehner will take us far...

This is up for one of the most ridiculous posts of the year, competing with many of your other posts. But since I'm bored:

1) Rumours, and you've cherry picked the couple that suit you, rather than considering ALL of the rumours coming out of there at the time

No new contract in contract year? = gave up on the team

2) If you cook, and work with frozen things you will see that cutting yourself in the kitchen is hardly "unheard of". An example: sometimes, when you have kids, you have to get things ready in advance for the next day. Forgetting to get the chicken out for thawing may lead one to have to do it when it comes to you, or when your wife asks you, after you have come to bed.

Can't separate frozen chicken? = gave up on team

3) He took a slap shot to the hand

Can't take a slap shot? = gave up on team

4) "Jesus look"?? All goalies look skyward when they let in a softie

Like Jesus? = gave up on team

5) He rarely shakes of soft goals because he rarely lets them in.

Not Lehner? = gave up on team

6) Anderson is a perfect example of shaking off a bad goal and not letting another in.

Doesn't fit narrative? = definitely gave up on team

I'm sensing a group buy Sens fan starter kit that comes with a Lehner jersey, cool aid packets, a shiny tinfoil hat, and a handy rubber mallet for reducing brain cells at regular intervals.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
That's all on Wamsley... He should get fired

Agreed. At the very least they should have switched to Lehner in mid game just before Andy let one in.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Has Wamsley ever heard of changing on the fly?

If you see the opponent setting up for the type of shot that Andy lets in, you just get Lehner over the boards quickly. Stop being lazy Rick. He also probably does that jesus look when a goal goes in because he gave up on the team

:shakehead

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I have no doubt Anderson will play again. If i had to guess, he will be back either against the Penguins or the Oilers.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I have no doubt Anderson will play again. If i had to guess, he will be back either against the Penguins or the Oilers.

he'll be back but theres no reason to rush him back. give him all the time he needs to feel not only healthy but comfortable

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

Or you know, according to the coach, Tuesday.

Listen, I know you're really upset that the Swedish goalie you spent the last two years pumping his tires has had a rough go of things but there's no need to lie.

Tuesday? I didn't know, don't listen to Cameron's pressers.

Tank is on though, wish Lehner would stay in.

you realize they had video of Anderson in practice trying to hold his stick with all his gear on well taking shots. He was having a lot of difficultly.

but he's playing tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Tuesday? I didn't know, don't listen to Cameron's pressers.

Tank is on though, wish Lehner would stay in.

but he's playing tomorrow?

not playing tomorrow. Lehner is starting. Saw video of him taking shots in practice with all his gear on today and he looked okay but still looked to be in a bit of discomfort.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
????

How are his injuries mysterious? For the most part we know every injury he sustained. He did not bail on the team in colorado. Colorado was the worst defensive team in the league and their bad defenseive play caught up with them. Goalies can't save every shot

To be fair, he did actually bail on Colorado but that was more due to being forced to play through an injury for a bad team. Nothing to do with contracts or anything else specified... just that he was being ridden by a coach who was absolutely wretched (Sacco)

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
To be fair, he did actually bail on Colorado but that was more due to being forced to play through an injury for a bad team.

Explain how. I've seen no actual proof of anderson bailing on colorado. If there is some i'd be interested in seeing it.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Explain how. I've seen no actual proof of anderson bailing on colorado. If there is some i'd be interested in seeing it.

Nothing documented, just I had a few friends who were Colorado fans on this board at the time that made comments about it.
And you can see by how his play changed once the trade happened.

Basically if I recall correctly, he was doing well... something happened, but Sacco forced him to play through an injury because they had no other options at the time and after that he wasn't the same until he came over to Ottawa

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Nothing documented, just I had a few friends who were Colorado fans on this board at the time that made comments about it.
And you can see by how his play changed once the trade happened.

Basically if I recall correctly, he was doing well... something happened, but Sacco forced him to play through an injury because they had no other options at the time and after that he wasn't the same until he came over to Ottawa

Then we have no reason to believe he quit. Of course colorado fans are going to say he quit on them. They were arguing he wasnt worth the contract he wanted. It would make sense for them to play down his achievements.

I think its laughable for people to suggest he quit on the team. Especially when his NHL starter role wasnt established. Why would he risk millions of dollar over hurt feelings? Colorado had a crappy defense and andy played well his first year there before the defense's inability caught up with them. It certainly didnt help that there goalie was playing injured too. I cant overstate how bad colorado's defense was yet anderson carried them in to the playoffs one year. That team shouldnt have been anywhere near the playoffs and expecting anderson to be jesus and save the team year after year wasnt realistic.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Love Andy,

He does and says all the right things.

He is injured for a bit, and it highlights how we need a backup tender who can win some games too.

The truth is, we are collectively afraid that Andy will single-handedly raise us up in the standings. What a glorious problem to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad