Speculation: Andersen doesn’t look even Tradable but....

Should Dubas trade Andersen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
10 team NTC. We need to give Campbell more starts before trading Andersen. Only play five games in the next two weeks, so good chance to we see a trade happen later today.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I thought about it but then I looked at his stats.
My ideal target was Kuempfer but he got injured. Ullmark interests me.

Kuemper, Ullmark, Georgiev, Saros, Vanecek, and one of the CBJ goalies is pretty much what you are working with. None of them are really ideal except for maybe Merzlikins, and he doesn't have much of a resume either.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Kuemper, Ullmark, Georgiev, Saros, Vanecek, and one of the CBJ goalies is pretty much what you are working with. None of them are really ideal except for maybe Merzlikins, and he doesn't have much of a resume either.
I didn't realize how good Ullmark's stats were. .919 on that tire fire of a defensive team is impressive.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Why trade him at this point? Keep him for this run and then go into the offseason and trade/sign someone younger.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Please trade this bum.

(Unfortunately Cambell is made of glass, so we can't really trade Freddy)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I didn't realize how good Ullmark's stats were. .919 on that tire fire of a defensive team is impressive.

He's been solid the past two years, but hasn't proven to be more than a tandem starter and tandem starters don't get huge prices.

Jack Campbell, with term and a far lower cap hit, picked up a fringe NHLer and 2 3rds, and half of that was Clifford at 50% as well. He was a year older, had less of a track record, and was stinking the year we acquired him, but the year before he had a year which Ullmark has not even come close to replicating.

Ullmark is a 2.6 mill UFA, so I imagine he gets less than Campbell in a trade... Especially if Buffalo is not retaining.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Would the intention be to run a Campbell/Hutchinson tandem, or to replace Andersen with another team's goalie?

After his last stint with the Leafs I can't believe we are now considering Hutch in tandem with anybody.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
So i wake up and the Mad vote is 35-15 for trade Andersen. I’m sticking to my vote but I’m not sure how many that would change that mad vote this morning. Pretty sure it wouldn’t bring it down much from 70% sick of him. 2.76 with a .903 sv % half way through is concerning as hell.
He looked like a goalie scared to make the save and risk injury in a contract year to me. Why wouldn’t he dive at the puck. He though about getting run over more than he though of the win is what it looked like. That’s likely not right and i sure hope not. He didn’t move on goal #4 and i still think he hesitated. He didn’t even try getting a stick down.
The sooner Campbell takes over the leafs net the better. Hutchinson has looked fine with a solid defense in front of him too. We don’t even have to trade him,we just have to not play him. Man I have no faith in that guy anymore. Playing that lackadaisically with first place on the line shows a broken give a f***

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
After his last stint with the Leafs I can't believe we are now considering Hutch in tandem with anybody.
Fine, nobody can argue with you. Fully reasonable thinking. He’s been better with a good defense. We can just keep Andersen and not play him. We are allowed 3 goalies. Sit his lazy,unfocused, indifferent a$$.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
It’s good to see so many people actually interested in Ullmark, I remember not too long ago when I mentioned we target him this off-season to replace Freddy and have an affordable 1A-1B tandem people started bashing me.

Ullmark or Merzlikins would be ideal to replace Freddy.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He is absolutely tradeable, and he would get a decent amount in a trade. As much as he struggled, there are teams out there (Edmonton, Carolina, etc.) who would love a guy who is an upgrade over what they currently have and can handle a starters workload and there are not many guys out there who can do that.

It is also the reason why the Leafs may never consider it. Campbell hasn't proven enough and there are no other UFA options out there who are available and can do that. That boosts up Andersen's value.
The Optimist Riem has been pretty good for Carolina. Edmonton leaks shots. I would love to see Edmonton get him.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Please trade this bum.

(Unfortunately Cambell is made of glass, so we can't really trade Freddy)
Play Campbell and keep him for insurance works. Just don’t play him. Who knows, maybe that would light a fire under his indifferent arse

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It’s good to see so many people actually interested in Ullmark, I remember not too long ago when I mentioned we target him this off-season to replace Freddy and have an affordable 1A-1B tandem people started bashing me.

Ullmark or Merzlikins would be ideal to replace Freddy.
I didn’t mention Ullmark because I don’t Buffalo would move him. He’s a building block #1 there. His best years are ahead of him.

Last edited:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Any trade for a new goalie right now means Freddy going the other way, retained to matching salaries. As a UFA making $5m and playing badly, he has zero value. We pay the price for the goalie we want in picks and prospects (and I say we pay up for a good goalie, no bargain hunting) and staple Freddy to the deal.

If Dallas is willing to tap out on this season, I go after Khudobin. He's got 2 years left on his deal after this.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anything further out of me will just be repetitive and overbearing so I’ll leave my lip zipped from here on and read :)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think both the goalie and team have lost confidence in each other.

You can see, later in a game, when the tide turns, neither seems to be able to bail the other out.

They play so hard for the other two guys. You can see the difference.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I'd Pony up to get rakell+gibson from the ducks. Would solve most of our problems.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Yes. He makes little real money. The team giving up the goalie in this scenario likely isn't making the playoffs. Leafs likely would need to give up something else along with him

Unless the acquiring team was looking to save their owner $$$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad