Player Discussion: Anders Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
care to change your opinion :P

I was waiting for the season to complete but he has made that important step up.

After seeing many players shine brightly then flame out long term I am very hesitant to say folks have arrived. A season and a half feels good though so sure.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I am very proud of Lee. He overcame a lot to establish himself. He really struggled initially with Crappy's "system" (I think he even talked about his struggles learning the system) but he worked hard and put together a strong season and a half. As long as he has a competent coach, he is a key part of the core.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
It's funny reading the first page, people were ready to ship him off to Vegas

2 years ago
25 goals 41 points
Next year
15 goals 36 points
first 18 this year
1 goal 2 points

Cant blame people for wanting to move him. Nearing the end of his development years he appeared to be declining again for the 3rd straight year. Definitely glad it clicked for him, he looked very impressive the last 50 games.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I've liked Lee since he got here and I'm really glad he had such a great year.

I don't know if it's the nature of the internet and social media, but seems like players are expected to not have bad parts of the season or bad years. Whether or not it was the system or just self-motivation, I'm glad he was able to show doubters wrong.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I've liked Lee since he got here and I'm really glad he had such a great year.

I don't know if it's the nature of the internet and social media, but seems like players are expected to not have bad parts of the season or bad years. Whether or not it was the system or just self-motivation, I'm glad he was able to show doubters wrong.

There is bad and there is getting 2 points in 18 games with the team struggling and losing 3 core pieces of the forward group...

That being said, Lee became the leader of the team in the last 5 games and his confidence level was oozing

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Anyone think this guy is being underrated just a bit by even some more "knowledgeable" fans. Only 47% of teams in my fantasy league own this guy.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Anyone think this guy is being underrated just a bit by even some more "knowledgeable" fans. Only 47% of teams in my fantasy league own this guy.

Should have another 30+ goal season this year. Tavares looks healthy and dominant, Lee and Eberle will benefit big time. Plus both are talented in their own rights.

I think a lot of people will know Lee after this season

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida

lee isn't promoted like most of the other big names in the league because of the small market he plays in. he scored as many goals as patrick kane but i bet 90% of hockey fans wouldn't know that.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Looks like Lee is top 20 in scoring(yes it's early) but is also on pace for 50 goals. Hopefully he can keep it up and break that 40 goal barrier. I said this for awhile be he reminds me of a modern day Tim Kerr

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'd be estatic if he hit 30 let alone 40 to be honest. It's still early, lots if guys/teams are going to cool off.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'd be estatic if he hit 30 let alone 40 to be honest. It's still early, lots if guys/teams are going to cool off.

I don't even care his total number of goals. This Lee is special. He has skills around the net that are so unique not just to the Islanders, but in the NHL. He's a UFA in two years meaning he can be signed as of July 1, 2018. To me right after Tavares he's the next most important guy to sign.

And by the way he's getting at least 6 million a year...And deservedly so.

Reactions: BTrotts19

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't even care his total number of goals. This Lee is special. He has skills around the net that are so unique not just to the Islanders, but in the NHL. He's a UFA in two years meaning he can be signed as of July 1, 2018. To me right after Tavares he's the next most important guy to sign.

And by the way he's getting at least 6 million a year...And deservedly so.

I would love to see a stat of goals scored he didn't get a point on but was infront of the net.

It still amazes me he fell to the 6th round in 2009. I get in 2008 he wasn't fully committed to hockey so nobody picked him but you think somebody would have taken a chance on him once he committed in 2009 in the 3rd or 4th round

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow. I forgot he got off to such a slow start last year. If he had a few more early in he could have finished with 40.

Lee the quarterback was a good draft pick.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
last game against the caps ... they showed the replay on how much trouble carlson was having with ders in front of their net ... could not move him ... remember when he was first called up and everyone was worried about his skating and defense ... really happy it has worked out so far for us

Reactions: Svengoolie

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
last game against the caps ... they showed the replay on how much trouble carlson was having with ders in front of their net ... could not move him ... remember when he was first called up and everyone was worried about his skating and defense ... really happy it has worked out so far for us

He's improved his skating/balance immensely since then. Props to him for working on it and getting it to where he can have success.

Reactions: TommytheCat

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
hes gonna have 45 goals this year--everyone saying he is going to cool off......guys that score like he does dont cool off (as long as he doesnt get injured)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
hes gonna have 45 goals this year--everyone saying he is going to cool off......guys that score like he does dont cool off (as long as he doesnt get injured)

He can go through a drought if the team struggles, because he doesn't create for himself. That's the way those types of players cool off.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The first page is gold!

I regret nothing, night and day as far as the player goes.

Would like to see him get 30-35. Also, this guy should be getting more press. Bailey is kind of getting his due but people forget everywhere that he had 34 goals last year, has scored 25 before too. Can't be seen as Johnny (and now Barzal) up front and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad