Player Discussion: Anders Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
True, but he is streaky. I think that is a fair word to describe him with. Maybe even, very streaky to the point of frustrating because when he isn't scoring, he is commonly invisible and useless.

His scoring is streaky... and it will always be since he relies on service from other players. But like others have said, his effort and overall game is consistent.

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
True, but he is streaky. I think that is a fair word to describe him with. Maybe even, very streaky to the point of frustrating because when he isn't scoring, he is commonly invisible and useless.

Lol, this thread is a beauty. I guess when Lee wasn't scoring and being completely useless he did at least put up these team stats while ranking 16th in TOI.

2nd on team in Hits with 74. If anyone bothered to look at this stat you would realize just how soft this team is to play against.

Top three in take away to give away.
2nd among forwards in +|-
Leads the team in 5v5 goals.
Leads the team in PP goals despite not being on the 1st PP until game 18.
Leads the team in GWG
Leads the team in goals per/60 and 16th in the NHL.
Leads the team shots per/60
Leads the team in shooting %
Has been top 3 in Corsi on team over the last 3 yrs.

But I agree, not a lot of these stats are really useful....

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Lol, this thread is a beauty. I guess when Lee wasn't scoring and being completely useless he did at least put up these team stats while ranking 16th in TOI.

2nd on team in Hits with 74. If anyone bothered to look at this stat you would realize just how soft this team is to play against.

Top three in take away to give away.
2nd among forwards in +|-
Leads the team in 5v5 goals.
Leads the team in PP goals despite not being on the 1st PP until game 18.
Leads the team in GWG
Leads the team in goals per/60 and 16th in the NHL.
Leads the team shots per/60
Leads the team in shooting %
Has been top 3 in Corsi on team over the last 3 yrs.

But I agree, not a lot of these stats are really useful....
Yawn.

It doesn't take much to lead a club in some stats when the entire team is struggling.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
4vPgmo7EFfuLPMThuwPBUmAxjG7ohqqt688QUU0Te6-v3unWn7DB6kj4xRU5BbkuWgsQNl00PFBoP4Y3jZnDYw=w1341-h582-rw

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Anybody still want to get rid of him :P

Amazing what happens when you can get him the puck

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Anybody still want to get rid of him :P

Amazing what happens when you can get him the puck

You mean when you have a coach with a clue who knows how to use him? Not that Jack didn't, but it just took battle-level too ****ing long to connect the dots and do it consistently.

I bet if you look in 90% of the grievance threads specific to players you will discover that the most frustrating elements of their games have one very common bond. :nod:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
You mean when you have a coach with a clue who knows how to use him? Not that Jack didn't, but it just took battle-level too ****ing long to connect the dots and do it consistently.

I bet if you look in 90% of the grievance threads specific to players you will discover that the most frustrating elements of their games have one very common bond. :nod:

Problem with guys like Lee is they are useful if you can get them the puck, you just need to find ways to get them the puck else they are useless. I do think Tavares helps alot in the sense Tavares opens up the ice for Lee. Lee should have also been on the PP from the start of the season

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Problem with guys like Lee is they are useful if you can get them the puck, you just need to find ways to get them the puck else they are useless. I do think Tavares helps alot in the sense Tavares opens up the ice for Lee. Lee should have also been on the PP from the start of the season

Persobally I think I disagree with the notion you have to get Lee the puck. Even if Lee doesn't have the puck, he is still incredibly useful on the PP. Not many people can dislodge him from the front of the net. His screening the goalie is huge, the fact that he has incredible hand-eye coordination is a huge cherry on top. Even if Lee isn't scoring, he is still an asset (in the Offensive zone at least)

I have this discussion with my Islander fan friends all the time. If I HAD to trade 2 of Lee, Strome and Nelson I'd keep Lee in a heartbeat, though Nelson also brings something this team doesn't have a ton of in a laser-like wrist shot and I still have hope that Strome can return to form.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Most of the goals I recall Lee scoring seem to be coming from shot/passes from Leddy. Seems to me that Leddy is basing his shot selection with Lee in mind.... Good chemistry ain't ever bad.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Giving Ladd Lee's spot on the PP before Ladd ever played a regular season game with the team exemplifies pretty much everything that has gone wrong with this team this year.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
When Lee went down at the end of last regular season that hurt us big time. When he gets hot he is unstoppable. Lets hope he can keep this up.

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Giving Ladd Lee's spot on the PP before Ladd ever played a regular season game with the team exemplifies pretty much everything that has gone wrong with this team this year.

If by that example you mean capuano "exemplifies pretty much everything that has gone wrong with this team this year," then correct.

Imagine we had anyone but capuano coaching from game 1 this season....We'd be pretty much locked into a playoff spot and (insert young player here) would be further ahead in his development.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
One of the greatest picks of the Jankowski-led scouting regime. They wanted to draft him in his draft year, as a junior in HS. He was held back somewhere, probably like most kids in kindergarten. However, Lee wanted to continue playing football. They still took him in the sixth round. Just brilliant.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I thought Lee was going to be a decent/scrappy 3rd line wing who could pot 15 goals a year, but man...The dude is developing into a legit top-6 power forward. It's amazing, and awesome, to watch. :handclap:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I thought Lee was going to be a decent/scrappy 3rd line wing who could pot 15 goals a year, but man...The dude is developing into a legit top-6 power forward. It's amazing, and awesome, to watch. :handclap:

Think Tim Kerr with some skill. Kerr was the master of the garbage goal, planting his big body by the goalie and picking up scraps in front of the net. Lee has better hands.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Think Tim Kerr with some skill. Kerr was the master of the garbage goal, planting his big body by the goalie and picking up scraps in front of the net. Lee has better hands.

Yes, but Lee is showing some skill when it comes to his hands, and more recently moving the puck up ice. His skating his never going to be more than ok, but he is improving where he can.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Lee is a bull along the boards. He is really starting to assert himself and get the cycle game working in the O-zone until they can get a good scoring chance. I really think he can be a consistent 25-30g scorer.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Just an absolute beauty. First line staple and hes a pleasure to watch. Hell be here a long time.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Just an absolute beauty. First line staple and hes a pleasure to watch. Hell be here a long time.

Which brings us back to our expansion protected list. How can we not protect Lee?
Strome has the higher ceiling but is not better right now.
Nelson puts up goals. let's not forget how important that is even though he does nothing else.
Bailey? JT 's sidekick.
Plus all the D men. We are gonna lose a good player

Without getting to far away here. Lee has been great . JT makes everyone around him better .

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Which brings us back to our expansion protected list. How can we not protect Lee?
Strome has the higher ceiling but is not better right now.
Nelson puts up goals. let's not forget how important that is even though he does nothing else.
Bailey? JT 's sidekick.
Plus all the D men. We are gonna lose a good player

Without getting to far away here. Lee has been great . JT makes everyone around him better .

I can't believe there is any chance that Lee would not be protected. Scores, hits, one of the few who can win a board battle , creates room for linemates by taking up space in front of the net.-something NOBODY else does consistently on this team and unbelievable chemistry with JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad