New York Islanders: Anders Lee Named 15th Captain in Team History!

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
The people who want Lee for only four years and less than seven million are the same people who proposed we trade Brock Nelson and Ho Sang for Karlsson.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i sure as hell hope that Lee has a new contract soon.

great pick, always played with a lot of passion. his entire game has improved every year, IMO. workhorse.

could he be our new Jethro?

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Congrats to Lee! While it's not fair to say he was a product of Tavares, it's going to be tough for him to maintain his scoring touch to the same level without him. I actually think he proves the nay-sayers wrong.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Both have NMC and Ladd hasn’t proved he’s worth it. There’s 2 options.

1- convince Ladd to waive his no movement clause and trade him to Seattle but you’re attaching either a 1st round pick your good young player with potential like Ho-Sang

Or

2- the new expansion rules allow you to expose guys with a NTC NMC. I highly doubt this happens but in the event that it does you expose Ladd and pray Seattle takes him.

Ladd has a NTC now. In the last draft, NTCs were able to be exposed.

Not sure if Seattle would actually want him though. It might take some convincing via trade.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I was watching Bailey getting interviewed about Anders and I couldn't help but think that he's probably disappointed somewhat that he got passed over. He would be the natural other option, me thinks. He's the longest tenured Islander, he just signed for long term and he's at the peak of his career.

Not saying I'd prefer him, but I'm sure he was content with being one of several "A's". But being resoundingly passed over has to sting. At least a little.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
I didn't see the interview but I had figured he would be a little hurt by it. Being captain is a big deal to the players especially when there is a opening for it. Trotz did a interview, the only interview I've listened to of him, and mentioned five times in two minutes how quiet Josh is Very quiet. ..but also intelligent. The interview was either the day of the captain announcement of the day before. And he talked about Lee. So I think Josh quiet personality excluded him.

Reactions: bigtim1988

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I was watching Bailey getting interviewed about Anders and I couldn't help but think that he's probably disappointed somewhat that he got passed over. He would be the natural other option, me thinks. He's the longest tenured Islander, he just signed for long term and he's at the peak of his career.

Not saying I'd prefer him, but I'm sure he was content with being one of several "A's". But being resoundingly passed over has to sting. At least a little.
They can't make Bailey captain when he's going to be traded for Nylander. :sarcasm:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He would be the natural other option, me thinks.

I actually thought Boychuk might have got it. From the sounds of things he is very vocal int he locker room(and also it prevents the problem of the captain leaving us after 1 season)

Reactions: BarzyClub

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I know it's only 3 games in. But Captain Anders 2 goals in 3 games. Sure was a passenger to what's his name -Toor.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
I actually thought Boychuk might have got it. From the sounds of things he is very vocal int he locker room(and also it prevents the problem of the captain leaving us after 1 season)
I think it’s pretty telling that he didnt get a letter at all. Boychuk is pretty long in the tooth and injured a bunch - wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on ltir at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad