New York Islanders: Anders Lee Named 15th Captain in Team History!

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
While I think Lee is an outstanding choice as the Captain in a vacuum, I don't know if it's the best play to keep him long term. I would go 5 years on an extension, anything more would be a mistake.

If he is dealt though, it would really hammer home Lou's intention of character being paramount during his era. Lee is beloved by almost all Isles fans, even if we disagree about re-signing him. That will be a change from the robot who formerly wore the C.
How about one year so our new Captain can prove it again? He will be signed long term, so get used to the idea.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Spybot

May 12, 2014
The other fanbases. The "out of left field" "random" comments have me rolling. There's a few that know it's a good pick, and the others are just clowns.
For a majority of hockey fans the Islanders were "John Tavares and a bunch of nobodies", so now all you have left is those nobodies. These ignorant reactions are not shocking to me. Just the way it goes when you're not winning.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Great choice. Contract should be coming soon. Not to nitpick but Ladd Bailey and Clutterbuck as alternates. Ladd and Cal should be sent packing.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Lee ‘Answers’ the question, who will be captain?

Good choice, they’ve been watching him closely; see the qualities they want to change the culture with.

Hope he can be signed below the 7 marker.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
To put a "C" on a guy in his contract year who might struggle heavily without his usual centerman – not sure it's the best decision.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Can't spell Islanders without Anders!

Very good . I always hoped for Nylander to be a Nyislander.
Our very own Buzz Lightyear is now our Captain . Guy has heart.
I like the choice . Maybe he whips Sheriff Woody into shape as his centerman

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
To the tune of Let it Be:

Andres Lee, Andres Lee

Andres Lee, Andres Leeeeeeeeeee

Scoring for the Isles, Andres Lee!!!

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Solid choice. Excellent to turn the page now as we gear up for tonight with a new Captain. I think the void would have been a mistake.

I do hope this is a signal that the contract extension is coming.

Reactions: Disgraced Cosmonaut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad