Player Discussion: Anders Lee 2019-2020 (Signs 7 year extension, $7M AAV)

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Things I learned from the main boards after the signing:

Lee is a 30 year old center
Kevin Hayes contract is still a steal
Islander's wouldn't have been able to sign Panarin and Lee, but Leafs were never in doubt having enough money to sign Marner
Lee took a discount even after Isles said they wanted Panarin instead of him even though his agent and other teams around the league said Lee wasn't going anywhere

Think I got a concussion from smacking my head.

Reactions: Instant

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Things I learned from the main boards after the signing:

Lee is a 30 year old center
Kevin Hayes contract is still a steal
Islander's wouldn't have been able to sign Panarin and Lee, but Leafs were never in doubt having enough money to sign Marner
Lee took a discount even after Isles said they wanted Panarin instead of him even though his agent and other teams around the league said Lee wasn't going anywhere

Think I got a concussion from smacking my head.
Forget the main board. Reality is suspended there. The Islanders are their personal piñata. We're the low hanging fruit.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I like the main boards, just because fanbases play to character. NYR fans who live in LI or Westchester rave about Manhattan as opposed to Brooklyn & Queens. Montreal fans smoke a metric ton of hash. Toronto fans act like folks a modern day political rally - the arrogant majority who think they are oppressed by their inferiors. Then we have these mercenary seeming homer NYI fans out to counteract our sad-sack persona. There have been so many in the past, but now it seems we've got The Winter Soldier.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I like the main boards, just because fanbases play to character. NYR fans who live in LI or Westchester rave about Manhattan as opposed to Brooklyn & Queens. Montreal fans smoke a metric ton of hash. Toronto fans act like folks a modern day political rally - the arrogant majority who think they are oppressed by their inferiors. Then we have these mercenary seeming homer NYI fans out to counteract our sad-sack persona. There have been so many in the past, but now it seems we've got The Winter Soldier.
ON LI...

Reactions: MJF

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Me too.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad