Player Discussion Anders Bjork

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I like the Paille comparison as dumping him to Boston for nothing was a precursor to all of our roster mistakes

Reactions: wakaflocka

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Is him playing great and being one more guy to protect being framed as a negative? That would be a very good thing with no negatives

That’s not a given, though. If it happens, awesome! Adams made the right call. But he hasn’t performed in Boston- he’s been jerked about the lineup, fair enough, but- if he plays the same or worse its kinda a backwards move, right? I’d love to trust Adams on it, but with Eakin.. he’s not sure fire on scouting, at least. So explain to me where I have it wrong where it’s like a 2/3rds chance we took on greater salary for nothing? Once again, I hope I’m wrong and that Adams’ target is correct, we have a middle 6 guy for very little- but I also just don’t see where that assumption/confidence comes from.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
That’s not a given, though. If it happens, awesome! Adams made the right call. But he hasn’t performed in Boston- he’s been jerked about the lineup, fair enough, but- if he plays the same or worse its kinda a backwards move, right? I’d love to trust Adams on it, but with Eakin.. he’s not sure fire on scouting, at least. So explain to me where I have it wrong where it’s like a 2/3rds chance we took on greater salary for nothing? Once again, I hope I’m wrong and that Adams’ target is correct, we have a middle 6 guy for very little- but I also just don’t see where that assumption/confidence comes from.

I’m not the one making assumptions or trying to convince someone one way or the other. I’m disagreeing with your assumption and others that he is no better than lazar or is a cap dump or whatever.

im in the wait and see camp, and there are a lot of reasons to wait and see

Reactions: Zman5778

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I’m not the one making assumptions or trying to convince someone one way or the other. I’m disagreeing with your assumption and others that he is no better than lazar or is a cap dump or whatever.

im in the wait and see camp, and there are a lot of reasons to wait and see

I haven’t made assumptions either, I’ve just pointed out the concerns in regards to exposure/cap. That said, the more I hear about him the more I like him- it’s just still a risky play to opt for that over a 5th round pick or something. I’m hoping he works out, I guess these are the risks a GM needs to take- I’m still just a bit untrusting after Eakin I think.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
If any of you want to see what I’ve had to say, write or analyze (lots of video clips) throughout the years on Bjork, just search my Twitter @BruinsNetwork. I’m a big fan of his and have done well (I think) documenting what he can be and what he does well throughout the years.

He’s been a polarizing player in Boston amongst the fans and media, but he’s also improved and worked in areas where he was asked. Hope to see him find success in Buffalo, he’s good.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sorry if it’s taboo for a different fanbase to post here but I hope he succeeds.

Had a TON of potential coming out of college and got really, really unlucky with injuries that hampered his development. I thought he would be the best out of that DeBrusk/Heinen/Bjork rookie group and he still could end up being that. Really great work ethic and gives 100% every shift. Tools are there but can lack confidence and finish. Has moved in and out, up and down the lineup for his entire tenure here. With some stability and a bigger role he could put it all together.

I think he still has potential to pan out but he’s a great role player and will be a solid bottom 6 guy no matter what. A change of scenery will do him good.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Bruce Cassidy is sad to lose him

LOL. Cassidy's handling of Bjork clearly showed otherwise. The coach had Bjork on the shortest leash and benched or scratched him for the smallest on-ice mistake (while others on the Bruins who were underachieving got a pass or were rarely called out). The upshot was that Bjork's confidence was shot playing under Cassidy and, when on the ice, he played not to screw up. He was also bounced around the lineup and could never gain any consistency or chemistry with team-mates.

I was, and remain, a fan of Bjork and think that he has top-six tools. He just needs a consistent place in the lineup and a coach who won't be such a hard-ass, as Cassidy was with him. (Two bad shoulder injuries earlier in his career also hampered his development in the NHL.) Buffalo has a good player in Anders, and I really hope that it works out for him and for the Sabres.

Bjork is also a terrific person off the ice: Mendoza Business Magazine - Mr. B. and Room 208

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad