Niagara Falls
Reactions: Dirty Dog

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
4th line cap dump with limited potential

was brought here in on one of the worst trades of all times

is the new whipping boy

as good as lazar at best BUT TWICE AS EXEPENSIVE

am I doing it right!? In all seriousness, I’m excited to see him play and I hope he reaches his potential

Nailed it. Its possible to hope the best for any player wearing a Sabres jersey. God knows I was hoping the best out of Sobotka and Berglund.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Do we get to see him tomorrow?

And I still don't think anyone is complaining about him being paid more on its own.

It just seems like Lazar shouldn't have been necessary for that deal to happen. It stinks we had to lose one of the few guys most people agreed was outplaying his contract. He and Lazar actually seem like they'd be good together

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Do we get to see him tomorrow?

And I still don't think anyone is complaining about him being paid more on its own.

It just seems like Lazar shouldn't have been necessary for that deal to happen. It stinks we had to lose one of the few guys most people agreed was outplaying his contract. He and Lazar actually seem like they'd be good together
This. Why not ship Sheahan or Reider off to Boston instead for the purposes of cap management? Obviously Lazar doesn't make or break the team, but it's an annoying loss nonetheless.

Reactions: wakaflocka

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
This guy nailed it on March 31
Anders Bjork Quietly Playing Well For the Bruins

It discusses Bjork's improved play particularly on the PK and ends with:

Bjork signed a three-year, $4.8 million deal last July that carries an annual cap hit of $1.6 million. His recent play of late is a good sign for the Bruins’ bottom-six forwards and his play could also be a good thing for general manager Don Sweeney, who might be able to use him as a trade piece before the April 12 deadline.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Bjork is a poor-man's Oloffson. Same sort of limited player but with less tools in the toolbox.

Maybe R2-D2 can get the job with more growth.

Bjork looks a lot more more like Reider to me. Fast, high-energy, and that's kind of it. I'll be happy to eat crow if it turns out he's actually capable of scoring more than once in a blue moon, but I doubt it.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Bjork has some speed and scoring ability.

Most likely he falls into the not good enough for top 6 and doesn’t play the Style of a bottom 6’er.....but I think there’s a chance he could end up a speedy complimentary piece on an eichel/Reinhart line

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
*my analysis in a flawless harvey keitel voice* I don't know what you think you know, but you're wrong. He's a good kid. He got traded to Buffalo. He wouldn't do that.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
He's overpaid by $500 K in today's cap. Maybe more. The idea that Sabres were targeting him in trade — at least we now know Kevyn Adams will lie through his teeth for Pegulas

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
4th line cap dump with limited potential

was brought here in on one of the worst trades of all times

is the new whipping boy

as good as lazar at best BUT TWICE AS EXEPENSIVE

am I doing it right!? In all seriousness, I’m excited to see him play and I hope he reaches his potential

I’ve chilled on it some, but I still don’t get the move from a cap/protection standpoint. If he plays well, great, it’s one more player to protect. If he doesn’t then we added salary for a player who may improve, or who may do little, whereas Lazar was an easy exposure and an easy salary.

Reading the reactions from Boston fans does make me more hopeful, though- hopefully Adams was right on this one.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
This seems like an odd item to take as proof that he's a liar

You really think they "targeted" a guy who is going nowhere in his career at 24 (actually not playing) with a cap hit of $1.6 M for two years and flipped him for a better player (and a centre) who makes $800 K and is only committed for one year? It defies credibility. Take out Hall and 2nd round pick completely and there is ZERO way Lazar for Bjork deal happens. You can waive Bjork and not one team will pick him up. That's a lock.

If Sabres have convinced themselves they wanted Bjork (as opposed to taking a contract they had to take), we really are in trouble. This is a team that believed others were waiting to offer Jeff Skinner something comparable to $72m/eight years or $4.5 M/two years for Eakins.

It's not a lie if you believe it, I guess. To quote the great Costanza.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I’ve chilled on it some, but I still don’t get the move from a cap/protection standpoint. If he plays well, great, it’s one more player to protect. If he doesn’t then we added salary for a player who may improve, or who may do little, whereas Lazar was an easy exposure and an easy salary.

Reading the reactions from Boston fans does make me more hopeful, though- hopefully Adams was right on this one.

Is him playing great and being one more guy to protect being framed as a negative? That would be a very good thing with no negatives

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
You really think they "targeted" a guy who is going nowhere in his career at 24 (actually not playing) with a cap hit of $1.6 M for two years and flipped him for a better player (and a centre) who makes $800 K and is only committed for one year? It defies credibility. Take out Hall and 2nd round pick completely and there is ZERO way Lazar for Bjork deal happens. You can waive Bjork and not one team will pick him up. That's a lock.

If Sabres have convinced themselves they wanted Bjork (as opposed to taking a contract they had to take), we really are in trouble. This is a team that believed others were waiting to offer Jeff Skinner something comparable to $72m/eight years or $4.5 M/two years for Eakins.

It's not a lie if you believe it, I guess. To quote the great Costanza.
I wonder why Boston gave him that contract a few months ago? You really think they’d be willing to give him that? It defies credibility why’d they be willing to target and sign him. They must of been forced.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
You really think they "targeted" a guy who is going nowhere in his career at 24 (actually not playing) with a cap hit of $1.6 M for two years and flipped him for a better player (and a centre) who makes $800 K and is only committed for one year?

The only mistakes that Boston makes with young players is that they trade them too soon.

That Boston gave him the contract they did said that there's still something there. Heck, the vast majority of Boston fans think that there's still more to Bjork than what he's shown.......and that's largely because he fell out of favor with Cassidy and couldn't crack Boston's strong top 6. I know they're fans...........but usually when most of a fanbase is in agreement like this, there's something to it.

I still don't LIKE the Hall deal per se. But I'm perfectly willing to see what Bjork offers before passing judgement on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad