Speculation: And yet again...the Off-Topic Thread

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Guys I’m conflicted. So I have a 9 year old semi wild boy. He likes to play with friends at the bus stop after school. There is a mom that has been telling him he needs to go home and not play. Apparently he kicked a soccer ball too hard while her kid was playing soccer. I went up to the bus stop and introduced myself and asked what the issue was. She went into a tirade about him being rude and disrespectful. So again she was telling him (in a not nice tone as he puts it) to go home he can’t play there.

So I told him he can play there. The conflict I am having is his response. The one I am leaning towards might prove her point but it would be absolutely hilarious and he actually the one who came up with it.

His response “no thank you Karen”.

Mine “ I respectfully decline”.
Compromise.

K indly
A ccept a
R espectful and
E arnest
N o.

Sadly, it'll probably go right over her head.

Just don't have your kid ask to speak to her manager.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Anyone have a LG TV that does not recognize WiFi access points? Internet is fine. Other devices work. I've powered off with the button on bottom of set, unplugged set. All standard troubleshooting. Might need a new TV. Sites I'm reading for assistance are trashing LG wireless tech.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Anyone have a LG TV that does not recognize WiFi access points? Internet is fine. Other devices work. I've powered off with the button on bottom of set, unplugged set. All standard troubleshooting. Might need a new TV. Sites I'm reading for assistance are trashing LG wireless tech.

Don't get a new TV for the WiFi. Just get a $30 WiFi range extender and plug it into the Ethernet port on the TV. Something like this.

The range extender will connect to the WiFi then plug that into the TV with an Ethernet cable. Bypass the whole issue.

Personally I do something similar with a mesh WiFi system at my entertainment center.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
My YouTube history is yesterdays highlights, Kanes OT winner vs the Avs, and the Elden Ring DLC trailer on repeat.

Reactions: Bench

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Are there any auto enthusiasts here? I’ve recently rediscovered my love for tinkering with things and bought myself a new car as my project.

Anyone else got anything they’re working on?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
What car? I want to do something similar, but I am in the prime of my kid chauffeuring career.

I bought a gently used 2015 Range Rover sport supercharged v8. Firenze red exterior, ebony/ivory interior. As we knew know, red makes cars go faster, and this one goes vroomvroom real fast. Total steal of a deal.

I just got it back from an inspection fully expecting metal shavings in the oil, timing chain issues, air suspension problems, coolant leaks and a lot of DIY work needed. The only thing needed is a new rear pinion seal on the differential from a very minor amount of seepage($280) and a new passenger side blind spot camera (tbd).

I have dubbed it Sir Reginald ‘the red rocket’ Range Rover. Reggie Rover for short.

I’m starting some SVR body conversions (grille, rear diffuser), refreshing some letters and badging and swapping out a lot of the lights on this thing.

Reactions: SantosHalper

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I bought a gently used 2015 Range Rover sport supercharged v8. Firenze red exterior, ebony/ivory interior. As we knew know, red makes cars go faster, and this one goes vroomvroom real fast. Total steal of a deal.

I just got it back from an inspection fully expecting metal shavings in the oil, timing chain issues, air suspension problems, coolant leaks and a lot of DIY work needed. The only thing needed is a new rear pinion seal on the differential from a very minor amount of seepage($280) and a new passenger side blind spot camera (tbd).

I have dubbed it Sir Reginald ‘the red rocket’ Range Rover. Reggie Rover for short.

I’m starting some SVR body conversions (grille, rear diffuser), refreshing some letters and badging and swapping out a lot of the lights on this thing.

You are really bad at this. It requires pictures!:laugh:

Save those pennies for when that air suspension fails!

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
You are really bad at this. It requires pictures!:laugh:

Save those pennies for when that air suspension fails!

IMG_3913.jpeg

That was when I picked it up at the dealer. I’ll post progress pics after I make changes.

And honestly, the air suspension on these doesn’t go as much as you’d think. Each strut is roughly $200 if you go aftermarket. I can do that labor myself. It’s the simplest fix on the car. Air compressor is in the spare wheel compartment, and the struts are easily accessed after taking the wheels off. Bolt on parts.

Reactions: SantosHalper

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
View attachment 825683

That was when I picked it up at the dealer. I’ll post progress pics after I make changes.

And honestly, the air suspension on these doesn’t go as much as you’d think. Each strut is roughly $200 if you go aftermarket. I can do that labor myself. It’s the simplest fix on the car. Air compressor is in the spare wheel compartment, and the struts are easily accessed after taking the wheels off. Bolt on parts.
Love that color. My truck is a similar color. Supercharger whine is the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad