And Then Everyone Dared Disturb the Sound of Silence (CBA & Lockout) XXIII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
It's great that they are talking but it sounds like they are trying to convince each other the other side is unreasonable rather than finding a common ground.

given that none of us are 'live on the scene' we don't really know what they're doing. no one's left the meeting yet, it would appear - and it's been 4 hours.

let's wait for dreger to start spreading negativity before we get too worried.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
given that none of us are 'live on the scene' we don't really know what they're doing. no one's left the meeting yet, it would appear - and it's been 4 hours.

let's wait for dreger to start spreading negativity before we get too worried.

Well he and Bobby Mac confirmed talks weren't going well

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Interesting that the NHLPA is pushing for a lot of revenue sharing to the "dirty half-dozen" of marginal markets.

To me, the message is clear and simple: you want to have teams in these markets, be prepared to pay for them. You want to lessen revenue sharing, then take a hard look at whether teams in these markets are beneficial to the league.

Langdon Alger*

Well he and Bobby Mac confirmed talks weren't going well

They didn't really "confirm" anything per se. All either one said was they were hearing things weren't going well, but not to jump to conclusions based off of hearsay.

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
Interesting that the NHLPA is pushing for a lot of revenue sharing to the "dirty half-dozen" of marginal markets.

To me, the message is clear and simple: you want to have teams in these markets, be prepared to pay for them. You want to lessen revenue sharing, then take a hard look at whether teams in these markets are beneficial to the league.

It could be more about how revenue sharing is funded.Could be the players are pushing a softcap with luxury tax that funds R.S.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
They also said to wait for the meeting to end before you jump to any conclusions

JumpToConclusionsMat.jpg

Someone really needs to shoop this with lockout related replacements.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks, I think that's what the poster was looking for. (I'm assuming the other post saying league-wide attendance is down is incorrect.)

im sorry which post are you refrencing in your last comment?

and let me be clear i apologize if i come across as rude, i just get tired of people acting like the league is what it is bc of the owners, it takes them both, but owners can be changed and replaced, star players cannot be. when the league promotes itself it doesnt promote jeremy jacobs, james dolan, ect ect. it promotes stamkos, ovi, crosby, ect.

i appreciate the owners who operate a good business but dont treat it as if this is totally for and about them. people can say what they want about wang, but that guys was dedicated, and did what he could for his franchise: footing losses for years. that is an owner i appreciate in this league bc despite the criticism he has taken he did what was best for the league, and clearly not for himself. he could have moved that team in a heartbeat if he wanted and turned his losses into profits, but he didnt and did what he could for the sake of the team/league

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

and this is why i support the PA's position. they are not the ones who decided to put those teams in weak markets, nor are they the ones who continue to stubbornly keep them there, so why should the PA be expected to foot the bill in a manner that doesnt only help those teams, but helps teams that dont need help????

bottom line is there should be a 50/50 split, honor all contracts, and the league needs to seriously look at relocating teams that have habitually been in the red costing the league money. there are stronger markets to put these teams into

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Just go with the idea that each time before they'd hit a sticking point, they'd stop talking for a while...if they're still talking, it's not a bad thing.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Bob Mckenzie: Hearing things aren't going well between NHL/NHLPA

3 minutes later

Bob Mckenzie: Don't listen to hearsay, just wait and see what happens

then why even make the original tweet, seriously.

because guys like you eat it up..

Hanklite*

Did Bobby Mac's tweets get deleted?

They are not on his page anymore...

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Bob Mckenzie: Hearing things aren't going well between NHL/NHLPA

3 minutes later

Bob Mckenzie: Don't listen to hearsay, just wait and see what happens

then why even make the original tweet, seriously.
Because he was replying to the tweets about it not going well... he wasn't saying he heard from sources it wasn't going well.

Gusher

Jan 1, 2007
Very strange...

Did an NHL or NHLPA source tell him to pull those down?

I wonder if maybe he just deleted them to prevent more tweets complaining to him about his negativity regarding the talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad