And Then Everyone Dared Disturb the Sound of Silence (CBA & Lockout) XXIII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
i know he doesn't know crap about hockey but mike francessa just said sources told him they are close to a deal......he doesn't know crap about hockey but he isn't the kind of guy to spew nonsense.....he must have heard that from a valid source

for those who don't know he is the main guy on WFAN in NY
Hate this man due to his hatred for our great sport! I wouldnt look too much into it, but kudos if his sources are correct although he is probably just speculating due to these long talks.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
with the recession and the fact most ahl cities have been hit harder than most nhl cities i did expect the bump to be less this time, but it is still a noticeable bump

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/19/ahl-attendance-up-as-the-lockout-drags-on/

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...AHL-attendance-up-during-locko?blockID=791153

Thanks, I think that's what the poster was looking for. (I'm assuming the other post saying league-wide attendance is down is incorrect.)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i know he doesn't know crap about hockey but mike francessa just said sources told him they are close to a deal......he doesn't know crap about hockey but he isn't the kind of guy to spew nonsense.....he must have heard that from a valid source

for those who don't know he is the main guy on WFAN in NY

Last lockout, I was driving down to North Carolina, and somewhere near the NC/Virginia border I was still getting WFAN in the middle of the night. The host at the time (not sure who it was) suddenly said "I just received word that the NHL has a deal and there will be hockey this year! I don't have details, but there will be hockey!"

I was all excited the next day and went to check for news on it and of course there was none, because there was no deal

What I'm saying is, damn you WFAN

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Hate this man due to his hatred for our great sport! I wouldnt look too much into it, but kudos if his sources are correct although he is probably just speculating due to these long talks.

i hate him too but he rarely says things that aren't true--i have to respect him for that...i wouldn't trust him on a quiz about basic rules in hockey but if he said this i truly believe him and his sources

IslesBeBack*

I was prepared for this.

I think, for the most part, I can form my own conclusion that no deal will be reached in the near future. It seems they can't get close on a few issues.

The fact that they haven't called it quits is encouraging, but the PA going up in their offers instead of meeting somewhere in the middle is just bad news.

The PA want to strongarm the owners into accepting what they want. That's what I get out of all these tweets.

Nobody should be optimistic and those of you that are, you should probably be tempering this optimism because my gut is this **** goes into the dark again very soon.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
I was prepared for this.

I think, for the most part, I can form my own conclusion that no deal will be reached in the near future. It seems they can't get close on a few issues.

The fact that they haven't called it quits is encouraging, but the PA going up in their offers instead of meeting somewhere in the middle is just bad news.

The PA want to strongarm the owners into accepting what they want. That's what I get out of all these tweets.

Nobody should be optimistic and those of you that are, you should probably be tempering this optimism because my gut is this **** goes into the dark again very soon.

My gut is that you're wrong. :sarcasm:

Nanuk23

Feb 3, 2010
NB
Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN
NHL offered a little less in their "Make Whole" than the PA wanted. Now the PA is asking for more than NHL offered. No surpirse-negotiations

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I was prepared for this.

I've never seen a bunch of players feel so entitled in my life. They get closer and closer to a deal but then the PA has to put their foot down on something to stall everything. The deal is right there for the taking, just meet in the middle! Damn it!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN
NHL offered a little less in their "Make Whole" than the PA wanted. Now the PA is asking for more than NHL offered. No surpirse-negotiations

Figures..see what I mean, a little less, the players could accept it...but nah, let's keep this roller coaster going.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL

Nassau Police were awesome. Getting gas only took 90 mins. Oh, and Mike Francesa cited NHL folks claiming progess. So there.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
People at the meetings have devices to communicate with, they probably send emails to people at the league or PA offices. Then information is leaked.

Gotcha...just kinda figured if both sides said to not leak anything, that if they saw each other on the phone during the negotiations, maybe theyd get pissed. Seems risky to send out the info when the ebb and flow of these negotiations turn so quickly.

Hanklite*

Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN

What is this?!?! A Negotiation?!

Give and take, shake and bake

mranderson

Oct 17, 2012
I've never seen a bunch of players feel so entitled in my life. They get closer and closer to a deal but then the PA has to put their foot down on something to stall everything. The deal is right there for the taking, just meet in the middle! Damn it!

All we need is a 3 year lockout => a substantial portion of existing contract values will get wiped off the books and will allow for the 50-50% immediately*, without any need for the "make whole" issue. :sarcasm:

* According to Webster's Uber-Abridged Dictionnary:
immediately =def= in 3 years time.

IslesBeBack*

Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN

Good for the negotiations. At this point, the players shouldn't be asking for MORE. Negotiations, or ones that get somewhere, see the sides get closer to a common ground. Instead this ****ing union keeps asking for more.

I mean, what is there to be optimistic about? I'm lost.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN

thats basically saying the same thing am i right, just from two different angles? also, i wonder what "a little less" means......interesting

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Figures..see what I mean, a little less, the players could accept it...but nah, let's keep this roller coaster going.

... and the NHL could offer just a little more so they accept it. It works both ways.... this is what a negotiation is.

Diatidialga

Sep 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Good for the negotiations. At this point, the players shouldn't be asking for MORE. Negotiations, or ones that get somewhere, see the sides get closer to a common ground. Instead this ****ing union keeps asking for more.

I mean, what is there to be optimistic about? I'm lost.

That's called negotiating

No one has left so obviously it didn't upset anyone much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad