NCAA: And the 2015 Heisman Trophy goes to DERRICK HENRY

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Baker Mayfield should win. He's had the moments and has the best story. Walk on that was ignored by his hometown Longhorns, goes to Tech and eventually to Oklahoma and is the biggest reason for the turnaround.

member 51464

Baker Mayfield should win. He's had the moments and has the best story. Walk on that was ignored by his hometown Longhorns, goes to Tech and eventually to Oklahoma and is the biggest reason for the turnaround.

I've really liked what I've seen from Mayfield this year. But the story would be better had he beat the Longhorns!

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec

Heisman's aren't given to the player with the best story though. I get that he's be fantastic and the best QB in the nation, but his 'story' is meaningless in this competition.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
It's easy to say now Texas should've recruited Mayfield but no one knew he was going to be this good, revisionist history. No one is going to know how every 17/18 year old is going to do in college. Manziel and RG3 were 4*s so certainly the criticism for Texas not recruiting them is valid. If he hadn't had to walk on at two schools he might not've worked as hard and developed like he did.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
It's easy to say now Texas should've recruited Mayfield but no one knew he was going to be this good, revisionist history. No one is going to know how every 17/18 year old is going to do in college. Manziel and RG3 were 4*s so certainly the criticism for Texas not recruiting them is valid. If he hadn't had to walk on at two schools he might not've worked as hard and developed like he did.

RG3 was recruited by Texas just not as a QB. Mack wanted him to play DB. Manziel nearly ended up at Oregon and Mayfield lost his job to Davis Webb at TTech. College football is funny.

Back on the Heisman talk, I think McCaffery and Watson made serious statements tonight. Henry was his usual self.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
McCaffrey should win. You break a Barry Sanders yardage record on an 11-2 Rose Bowl bound team, and you ought to be the winner unless there's one of these 4000+ yards of total offense 40+ TD super quarterbacks (Mariota, Newton, Tebow, etc.), which wasn't the case this year.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
McCaffrey should win. You break a Barry Sanders yardage record on an 11-2 Rose Bowl bound team, and you ought to be the winner unless there's one of these 4000+ yards of total offense 40+ TD super quarterbacks (Mariota, Newton, Tebow, etc.), which wasn't the case this year.

DeShaun Watson and Baker Mayfield

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I wasn't that impressed with Henry.

Thank you. Uncle Gary will say that was the best performance of all time but that was very anemic. He must have got a lot of junk yards in the 4th. I don't know I turned it off but especially in the first half he did nothing. Florida gave up at some point because when they were trying he did very little.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
yup, after this past weekend, I'd say give it to McCaffrey.

And during his acceptance speech, he should thank Justin Wilcox for helping him pad his stats at the Pac-12 championship game.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Thank you. Uncle Gary will say that was the best performance of all time but that was very anemic. He must have got a lot of junk yards in the 4th. I don't know I turned it off but especially in the first half he did nothing. Florida gave up at some point because when they were trying he did very little.

'Uncle Gary' is hated by Alabama fans, me included, and that's because he's an idiot. More than 5 times he would reference to us as Florida, on the punt return where Florida caught it and then fumbled, Gary kept saying that he 'did well' despite not mentioning the fumble, and my god every time Bama doesn't gain a yard, he talks about our inefficiency at the line of scrimmage. Trust me, Gary is not part of the Bama fandom.

After this past weekend I still think Henry wins it. You guys say our offensive line is great, however it's really not anything special. Cam has had an awful year, and outside of Kelly, the rest have been a whole bunch of 'eh'.

Christian no doubt had a fantastic year, and surpassing a record set by Barry Sanders is impressive, but I would argue so is (was) Hershel's record that Henry broke. Henry, as it stands, is having the 25th best season a RB has ever had (based purely on yards alone), sits at 23 Touchdowns, averages almost 6 yards a carry, in a conference that consistently puts out Pro Bowlers.

Either one could win it. I don't think Baker will be up there not Watson. No clear cut favorite honestly, but I do think it's Henry's.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Henry would be the most boring choice. Everyone else is a more interesting - and better - choice than Henry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad