NCAA: And the 2015 Heisman Trophy goes to DERRICK HENRY

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Mcaffrey should have won it. Guy is a beast. He broke a record by berry sanders.

Henry will be nothing in the nfl, and he was average behind a good oline. Nothing impressive.

Average, now that's something I've not heard Henry called. :laugh:

His stats and defenses he ran up against speak for themselves. Our O-line isn't 'elite' by any measures, and our 'best' player on the Oline had a terrible year (Cam). Kelly did step up and really did a good job in the middle, but you are over selling our offensive line.

As McCaffrey ran up against nothing like Henry D in terms of defense. Look up the stats if you so choose, and I like the kid and hope he wins it next year, but Henry is nothing close to 'average' :laugh:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
The Heisman was pretty much sealed when Fournette got stopped by Bama and Henry ran all over LSU

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
....seems like a great kid

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/12/derrick_henry_didnt_go_to_bed.html

When Henry got to his phone after the ceremony, there were 500 text messages waiting.

"I didn't go to sleep until I replied to every single message," Henry said.

That pushed bed time back to 3 a.m.

"Some of those (texters) I didn't even know," Henry said. "I guess they got my number from somebody else. But I went on Twitter and there were a bunch of famous people reaching out to me. Kurt Warner reached out. It's just been a blessing."

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...out-derrick-henry-looks-like-fourthround-pick

Former NFL scout Dan Hatman told The Florida Times-Union the Alabama junior, who could win the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night, looks like a fourth-round draft choice if he decides to apply for early entry into the 2016 NFL Draft.

Now that doesn't surprise me. I not ashamed to admit that I honestly thought Trent Richardson was going to be the next Marshall Faulk and told many others the same.

On the flip side, I never thought Lacy was going to be as good as he proved before he got a little heavy.

Ingram is just Ingram and I figured his passion and drive would work well in the NFL, and I'd say that I was correct on that one.

In college football though, Henry is definitely not an 'average' running back.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Average, now that's something I've not heard Henry called. :laugh:

His stats and defenses he ran up against speak for themselves. Our O-line isn't 'elite' by any measures, and our 'best' player on the Oline had a terrible year (Cam). Kelly did step up and really did a good job in the middle, but you are over selling our offensive line.

As McCaffrey ran up against nothing like Henry D in terms of defense. Look up the stats if you so choose, and I like the kid and hope he wins it next year, but Henry is nothing close to 'average' :laugh:

what Henry only has like 100 more rushing yards? and Mccaf has like 500 more receiving yards. Average may be a bit harsh. But on a team like Bama. It's pretty average.

All I know is that Henry is a bust in the nfl unless he has a good online, and since he won he will probably be picked up pretty early to a bad team. But that doesnt affect the heisman.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...out-derrick-henry-looks-like-fourthround-pick

Former NFL scout Dan Hatman told The Florida Times-Union the Alabama junior, who could win the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night, looks like a fourth-round draft choice if he decides to apply for early entry into the 2016 NFL Draft.

In fairness to him that would be because of the lack of value his position has in today's NFL.

Talent wise I think he absolutely has what it takes to be a feature back at the next level- It is just a matter of whether or not he can keep taking a pounding without losing too much physical talent. After all he was worked like a horse in HS, and then he was used heavily at Bama.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
In fairness to him that would be because of the lack of value his position has in today's NFL.

Talent wise I think he absolutely has what it takes to be a feature back at the next level- It is just a matter of whether or not he can keep taking a pounding without losing too much physical talent. After all he was worked like a horse in HS, and then he was used heavily at Bama.

Pretty much this, you can find competent guys later on. I'd be surprised if McCaffrey doesn't go around there as well.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Henry is a 4th round pick because he can't make yards out of nothing and he isn't quick or explosive enough to make guys miss. Holes are small and close quickly in the NFL compared to the NCAA. McCaffery is a much more talented player and a better NFL prospect.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The fact you compare Gerhart to McCaffery is all I need to know. Wanna see Henry in the NFL? Look at that waste of space Gerhart. Which you should know since he plays for your team.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
SEC defenses aren't nothing and Pac 12 defenses are nothing, that is why the votes ended up the way they did.

Henry is a 4th round pick because he is not an immense talent like Gurley. That doesn't mean he isn't going to be an effective NFL player, there are plenty of guys like him that just grind out tough yards.

His numbers don't happen by accident- he was a freak in HS and a monster at Bama behind an O line that was frankly a bit overrated this year imo (at least when compared to prior Bama standards)

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Being a good pro prospect isn't a requirement for winning the award. Who cares? McCaffery, Watson, and Mayfield may not do anything at the pro level either, even if you feel any of them are going to be good pros you don't know until they get there. Henry is deserving of the award because of what he did this year at the COLLEGE level. It's a COLLEGE award.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Being a good pro prospect isn't a requirement for winning the award. Who cares? McCaffery, Watson, and Mayfield may not do anything at the pro level either, even if you feel any of them are going to be good pros you don't know until they get there. Henry is deserving of the award because of what he did this year at the COLLEGE level. It's a COLLEGE award.

agreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad