Marlies Discussion: AND Prospects Thread: 2014/15 Season V.7 - Marlies Pushing for the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sda

Feb 18, 2008
Is Valiev gonna make the Leafs out of camp?? He will be in the top 4 for the marlies.

No. He will have to work his way up. There are several young prospects ahead of him but I believe that he will surpass most of them next year

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So the Marlies are 4 points out of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand on Milwaukee but no games in hand on Chicago. There's no way they can reach Texas for the 6th spot. So the Marlies are fighting for the last 2 spots with Hamilton, Adirondack and Lake Erie. That's 6 teams for 2 spots.

7 games remaining.

It's going to be tight. Marlies need to play a lot better too. I don't think they can afford to lose more then one here.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Marlies have more bite than leafs. So much hilarity in one video if you keep your eyes open

Ok that was worth the watch. Rodewald on the ice for that - welcome to the AHL. Nylander's face on the end of the Marlies bench is like "WTF is this ****" lol...

Weird line-up for a really difficult game - Rodewald, Finn, Marshall...?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So the Marlies are 4 points out of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand on Milwaukee but no games in hand on Chicago. There's no way they can reach Texas for the 6th spot. So the Marlies are fighting for the last 2 spots with Hamilton, Adirondack and Lake Erie. That's 6 teams for 2 spots.

7 games remaining.

It's going to be tight. Marlies need to play a lot better too. I don't think they can afford to lose more then one here.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay...leagueId=4&lastActive=&singleSeason=&confId=0

Past 10 games they've been best in the bunch fighting for that last spot.

Not sure they have to play much better, but they can't play worse.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Connor brown reminds me of alfredsson a little. Ginger with a good shot etc. He should grow his hair longer.

Keep the hair as is...the less like Alfredsson he looks the better. Guy looked like a mangy weasel.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Don't think it's been posted, or even officially announced, but a video interview on the Attack's website stated overage forward Erik Bradford will be joining the Marlies on a PTO.

Had 35 points in 31 games for Owen Sound, who bowed out in 5 games this past weekend against Guelph.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=76435

73 points in 69 games total this season in the OHL. He split the season between Ottawa and Owen Sound.

4 points in 5 playoff games with Owen Sound.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Looking at Gibson's line the last couple of games (granted, I didn't watch the games), perhaps it's time for Bibeau to get a start.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can any Leafs play for the marlies once the season is over? C.Bailey?

No, they would have needed to be on the Marlies roster "on paper" at the trade deadline. So in the case of Bailey I don't believe he would be able to make it.

However guys like Verhaeghe or Valiev once their season ends in Jr could join the team.

mikebel111*

Bibeau will get the start tonight according to the game preview video.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No, they would have needed to be on the Marlies roster "on paper" at the trade deadline. So in the case of Bailey I don't believe he would be able to make it.

However guys like Verhaeghe or Valiev once their season ends in Jr could join the team.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...kly-release-p182341+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

The American Hockey League’s Board of Governors has approved several critical dates and deadlines pertaining to the remainder of the 2012-13 season.

The AHL’s trade and loan deadline will be Wednesday, Apr. 10, at 3 p.m. ET. Following the deadline, no player may be acquired via trade between member clubs, and no AHL club may accept a player on loan from a club other than its NHL affiliate.

The AHL’s playoff roster deadline will be Monday, Apr. 22, at 3 p.m. ET, by which time all 16 playoff teams must submit to the league a list of playoff-eligible players. Only those players on a team’s playoff eligibility list, plus signed draft choices and players signed to amateur tryout contracts, are eligible to compete in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Players from lower professional leagues can also be added if they played in at least eight games in the AHL and/or a lower league in 2012-13.

AHL Clear Day roster restrictions have been removed. Any eligible player on a club’s roster may participate at any time during the remainder of the regular season and the Calder Cup Playoffs.

And per National Hockey League rules, only those players who have been recalled from an AHL club following the NHL trade deadline (Wednesday, Apr. 3 at 3 p.m. ET) may be returned to the AHL during the remainder of the season.

mikebel111*

Heading to the game tonight, my first Marlies game. Hoping for a win with some Nylander highlights :)

Have fun:)
Some recap like poster above mentioned would be nice
Guys like
Nylander, Brown, Leipsic, Finn would be cool!

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Heading to the game tonight, my first Marlies game. Hoping for a win with some Nylander highlights :)

Marlie games are fun. Since its a week night and its likely to be dead expect to be moved up to the first few rows assuming your seats aren't the best.

SingleAallStar

Nov 26, 2014
Also going to my first marlies game tonight. I will recap my thoughts on key players, especially Nylander.

I actually came here to ask, Can I just buy my tickets at the door?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Also going to my first marlies game tonight. I will recap my thoughts on key players, especially Nylander.

I actually came here to ask, Can I just buy my tickets at the door?

During the week yes.

April 11th (last regular season game) is all but sold out, I wanted to go to that game unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad