GDT: Anaheim vs Detroit at Joe Louis Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I guess I don't get that. Fowler is a solid offensive defenseman. Green has devolved into a solid offensive defenseman - formerly elite. And we all seem to believe that more skilled, veteran offensive D would be a a boon to this team. So what's to say that another skilled, offensive defenseman wouldn't also be producing in this system? Fowler has produced before, and continued to produce modestly as an OFD despite being displaced by two extremely talented defenseman. He's pushed back, has supplanted the others, and his statistical columns have responded. Why does that suggest he wouldn't be as good in this system? For every "supporting cast" argument, there's the "better opponents/more PK energy expended" argument.

You clearly think players will put up roughly the same amount of points no matter the circumstances (linemates, teammates, playing style, etc). I greatly disagree with that. Let's just move on.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
About time for Tatar. Not gonna deny that he annoyed me at times. But he paid it back tonight, curse broken. Finally.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
and we're starting to see tatar's shooting percentage normalize from extremely unlucky.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
You clearly think players will put up roughly the same amount of points no matter the circumstances (linemates, teammates, playing style, etc). I greatly disagree with that. Let's just move on.

Grandiose simplification, man. "Players?" No. I think highly talented players who play impact roles will put up points if given the chance. You just seem to think Green is an impact player while Fowler somehow isn't. I disagree. I think both are talented enough to put up points, especially at this point in their respective careers, regardless of how well the team as a composite does. But I do agree that we should move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad