Pre-Game Talk: Anaheim Ducks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 2/8/16 7:00 PM

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Have to disagree with that. Despres was never a beast for us. Mainly because he was almost exclusively paired with Scuderi, but he was never giving the amount of icetime to dominate a game. Maybe his closest to being a beast with us was his time in Discos last year where he was paired with Nisky(?).
A lot of people could see his potential and he had several good to very good games, but even with Despres the third pairing last year was still bad. Pens brass unfortunately had to learn the hard way, how difficult it was to shelter Robbie.

I would give up a lot to have him back, because this would make our blueline absolutely set longterm.

It's why what Guerin told JR to do last year was a franchise altering mistake.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
It's why what Guerin told JR to do last year was a franchise altering mistake.

Yes definitely possible. We already got lucky that Dumo is playing the way he is though, because I, and I think a lot of other posters too, never thought he would be that good, especially right away.
If we can luck out in acquiring a young defenseman for crap like Murray did with us, we could be right back in business.
Unfortunately I doubt they are even looking after a young, misused defender. Probably searching for more experience.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes definitely possible. We already got lucky that Dumo is playing the way he is though, because I, and I think a lot of other posters too, never thought he would be that good, especially right away.
If we can luck out in acquiring a young defenseman for crap like Murray did with us, we could be right back in business.
Unfortunately I doubt they are even looking after a young, misused defender. Probably searching for more experience.

I cannot think of a GM as obtuse as Rutherford with Nieuwendyk out of the GM game.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I cannot think of a GM as obtuse as Rutherford with Nieuwendyk out of the GM game.

Eh, GMs **** up every season and teams have issues. The Pens got Niskanen as a throw in (then lost him for nothing), the Caps ****ed up royally with Forsberg, the Pens traded Morrow (a recent 1st round pick at the time) for a rental (always the Pens but it was Shero then), Tampa has the Drouin situation, Trouba still needs a new contract and last season Winnipeg had that ridiculous Kane drama. Benning does stupid things, Montreal is floundering and the cap will put pressure on some teams.

They could get lucky, but I wouldn't bet on it. Still an awful trade that should have seen someone fired.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
The PP sans-Malkin needs reconfigured. Switch Letang and Kessel. Letang is a greater threat from the left wall than is Kessel. Kessel has a better shot from high than Letang. Put Daley on the right wall, where he was in the OT at Florida. Keep Sid low and Hornqvist in front of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad