Pre-Game Talk: Anaheim Ducks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 2/8/16 7:00 PM

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So when Perron and Depres both suck tonight, does that mean threads dedicated to former Penguins will end, be erased, deleted , etc?

tumblr_mzrrlnikaz1rf0fpjo1_500.gif

#4lyfe

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sounds like that two games is gonna turn into AT LEAST three (almost certainly more) for Malkin, huh?

What a dumbass. Hope the ASG was worth it. He'll seemingly never learn.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Bruce Boudreau with some next-level HFBoards analysis, which I allow, because #Simon

“He hasn’t gotten any points but we haven’t lost since he’s been back,” Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said. “We missed him for sure. In the playoffs last year, he was as good of a defenseman as we had. Big and strong and played against big opposition and he didn’t tire. The more games he gets, the better he’s going to get.”

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
No idea. Should be Daley and Letang. Run the Ryan Whitney play with Letang.

Olli and Pouliot on the 2nd unit

The way Daley played the overtime PP is why he should be taking Malkin's spot. He has playmaking ability there and can blast a one timer.

There is literally no reason that Kunitz should be taking his spot on the PP, other than veteran ********.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Bruce Boudreau with some next-level HFBoards analysis, which I allow, because #Simon

Curious why Barbecue Bruce wasn't fired already. Everybody knows this Despres guy is just a fighter.

Malkin out sucks though. Second line was really feeling it and Cullen is having serious trouble as a top six guy.
Will need another stellar performance by interims captain Crosby, seing the Ducks are on a roll since #nobobbyorr's comeback.

Penguinzilla*

I predict the Penguins and Pens HFBoards fans both overreact to Despres's presence.

Despres's?

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
So when Perron and Depres both suck tonight, does that mean threads dedicated to former Penguins will end, be erased, deleted , etc?

I don't know. The Black Hole has sucked since the Olympics and people still sing his praises. Despres would be a solid #3 on this team right now. And I bet JR would like a "do-over" on that deal.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
No idea. Should be Daley and Letang. Run the Ryan Whitney play with Letang.

Olli and Pouliot on the 2nd unit

Nah swap Daley and Pooh. I like having 1 lefty and 1 righty. They already have Kessel on left half wall.

Regardless, Kunitz is like the worst choice for that spot. I'd rather have Cullen, Pouliot, Daley, Maatta, Dumo in that spot over Kunitz.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Crosby named First Star of the Week for the first time in over four years. NHL and their weekly stars, man.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't know. The Black Hole has sucked since the Olympics and people still sing his praises. Despres would be a solid #3 on this team right now. And I bet JR would like a "do-over" on that deal.

It would allow us to focus solely on a LW instead of a top 4 dman AND a left wing.

Thankfully we got a bottom pairing dman for him and signed Cole. :shakehead

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Nah swap Daley and Pooh. I like having 1 lefty and 1 righty. They already have Kessel on left half wall.

Regardless, Kunitz is like the worst choice for that spot. I'd rather have Cullen, Pouliot, Daley, Maatta, Dumo in that spot over Kunitz.

All they had to do was pick one of the ****ing defensemen that isn't Lovejoy. They go with Kunitz. :laugh:

Hagelin would at least be good for breaking up chances going the other way. Literally any NHL player that isn't Kunitz or Lovejoy.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA

The only way the Despres thread should ever be closed is when we trade Ben Lovejoy to acquire him.

Then all is forgiven.

Kinda.

****, I hate the management of this team sometimes.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I don't even hate Kunitz anymore but why the **** is he on the first PP still?

Sid to Geno's spot, Kunitz to Sid's. Crosby has begrudgingly given up the halfwall to Geno, but you are kidding yourself if you think he won't take it back with Geno out of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad