Pre-Game Talk: Anaheim Ducks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 2/8/16 7:00 PM

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
...which is of course, absolutely the wrong way to do it. Keep everything as is and just drop Daley or Pooh in Geno's spot. Sid on the PP half-wall is a ship that has sailed, struck an iceberg, and agonizingly sunk.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sid to Geno's spot, Kunitz to Sid's. Crosby has begrudgingly given up the halfwall to Geno, but you are kidding yourself if you think he won't take it back with Geno out of the lineup.

yet Kunitz fumbled the puck in Geno's spot on the PP. Crosby is better down low than on the half wall anyway.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
yet Kunitz fumbled the puck in Geno's spot on the PP. Crosby is better down low than on the half wall anyway.

I never said I liked it. I'm just calling it for what it is.

If anything, in Malkin's absence, they should try to run it through Kessel on the other wall and set up a shooter, Daley would be fine, where Malkin is.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I hope Despres decapitates every Penguins player and then eats their brains while peeling on the ice.

And then skates off like nothing happened.

He'll definitely skate off still hungry. :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well after he murders Kessel, someone is gonna have to keep the hot dog stands in business.

Man, bit of a sidebar, but that would be some crazy ****:

Despres v Kessel in a hot dog eating contest.

Despres has the genetic advantages but Kessel has the experience.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Man, bit of a sidebar, but that would be some crazy ****:

Despres v Kessel in a hot dog eating contest.

Despres has the genetic advantages but Kessel has the experience.

Despres would have the lead but Phil would yell, "LOOK, A CRAPS TABLE!" And he'd win.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I never said I liked it. I'm just calling it for what it is.

If anything, in Malkin's absence, they should try to run it through Kessel on the other wall and set up a shooter, Daley would be fine, where Malkin is.

You want to put a right handed shot on the right half wall?

You are over complicating it. Remove Malkin, insert Pouliot, Maatta, or Cullen in his spot. It's that simple.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
What words of wisdom does the team's next GM have for the masses?

Happy with Hags and that he is replacing the loss of Dupuis speed. Happy with Pouliot and that he is probably here to stay. Credits Sullivan with the team and Sids turn around.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Happy with Hags and that he is replacing the loss of Dupuis speed. Happy with Pouliot and that he is probably here to stay. Credits Sullivan with the team and Sids turn around.

That actually is encouraging. For some reason, I don't fully trust it, but it is encouraging.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
i dont know why some people want Perron to score against us. Its not like we were unfair to him, he was pretty average to bad aside a dozen games for us. Despres on the other hand was a beast for us, and everyone saw it except for the brass and some media people. I hope he gets a hattrick but the ducks lose in Shootout. :)

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
You want to put a right handed shot on the right half wall?

You are over complicating it. Remove Malkin, insert Pouliot, Maatta, or Cullen in his spot. It's that simple.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood but Daley shoots left. Imo Daley is the closest replacement for Geno. Guy scored a ton of PP goals last season. Using him only on the second unit, even with Geno out has shades of Paul Martin qbing the PP over Ehrhoff last year.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Although I suppose there will be some hoping for a video tribute while pounding away on a tub of ice cream and being all emotional.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not sure if I misunderstood but Daley shoots left. Imo Daley is the closest replacement for Geno. Guy scored a ton of PP goals last season. Using him only on the second unit, even with Geno out has shades of Paul Martin qbing the PP over Ehrhoff last year.

Crazy brain fart. Sorry I don't know why I said that. You and the poster I responded to are correct.

Anyway, even more reason for Kunitz to not be on the top PP.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Bruce Boudreau with some next-level HFBoards analysis, which I allow, because #Simon

It's so strange how teams seem to win with him in the lineup at a ridiculous rate even if he's not directly contributing. Maybe he is god after all?

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
i dont know why some people want Perron to score against us. Its not like we were unfair to him, he was pretty average to bad aside a dozen games for us. Despres on the other hand was a beast for us, and everyone saw it except for the brass and some media people. I hope he gets a hattrick but the ducks lose in Shootout. :)

Have to disagree with that. Despres was never a beast for us. Mainly because he was almost exclusively paired with Scuderi, but he was never giving the amount of icetime to dominate a game. Maybe his closest to being a beast with us was his time in Discos last year where he was paired with Nisky(?).
A lot of people could see his potential and he had several good to very good games, but even with Despres the third pairing last year was still bad. Pens brass unfortunately had to learn the hard way, how difficult it was to shelter Robbie.

I would give up a lot to have him back, because this would make our blueline absolutely set longterm.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's so strange how teams seem to win with him in the lineup at a ridiculous rate even if he's not directly contributing. Maybe he is god after all?

Stranger still to see a coach who says, coincidence or not, if we win a lot more with him in the lineup, then we're going to play him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad