Proposal: Anaheim-BOS/NJD/TOR

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
will always love Henrique but no room on the roster for him anymore. also devils shouldnt be trading picks for a 31 year old. we def arent in that position yet

Reactions: Billdo

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
That Leafs deal is legitimately the worst trade I have seen since coming here. Hyman is worth more than Rakell league wide easily.. He's a grinder who was on pace for 34 goals last year (basically Rakells career high) but Rakell hasn't scored near there in 2+ years. He's more physical and better defensively and one of our best Pkers and empty net defenders.

Then we add in 2 of our top 4 prosects +(???) for a Dman who is not only past his best before date, but not even fills a need for us?

Yikes.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
That Leafs deal is legitimately the worst trade I have seen since coming here. Hyman is worth more than Rakell league wide easily.. He's a grinder who was on pace for 34 goals last year (basically Rakells career high) but Rakell hasn't scored near there in 2+ years. He's more physical and better defensively and one of our best Pkers and empty net defenders.

Then we add in 2 of our top 4 prosects +(???) for a Dman who is not only past his best before date, but not even fills a need for us?

Yikes.
i wouldn't do this deal but cmon man...rakell is better in almost every aspect of the game

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
i wouldn't do this deal but cmon man...rakell is better in almost every aspect of the game

Based on what?He's been a 25 goal, 50 point winger for 2 years now. Hyman scores that and is one of the best forecheckers in the league. Rakell doesn't play the heavy game Hyman does as well as he does. Leafs will not let Hyman go unless he wants too much we can afford to pay.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Based on what?He's been a 25 goal, 50 point winger for 2 years now. Hyman scores that and is one of the best forecheckers in the league. Rakell doesn't play the heavy game Hyman does as well as he does. Leafs will not let Hyman go unless he wants too much we can afford to pay.
Rakell's 2 way game is up there with Hyman's.

Hyman puts up 50 points with the best duo in the league. Rakell does it all by himself.

Hyman is not the right guy for the Leafs to trade but to say he's worth more as a rental than Rakell who has another year left is straight up laughable

Reactions: Getz2noone

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Based on what?He's been a 25 goal, 50 point winger for 2 years now.

That's as bad as saying he's been top 2 on the team in scoring the last 4 years so if he went to Toronto, he'd he an 80-90 point player. If he were on a competent offensive team, he'd be back to 60-70 point player. He's playing on a team with no offensive talent and he's not a line driver. Rakell actually looks good this year, despite not putting up big stats and is (again) second on the team in points.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Yikes.
No way. You're drunk. Rakell is much better than Hyman.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
counteroffer from leafs:
Amirov
Liljegren
2nd (1st if leafs win cup)
Kerfoot

Honestly it sounds like the Ducks and Leafs are not good trade partners.
The Ducks don't value Russians (hadn't drafted a Russian skater in almost 20 years before the 5th round this season) so I'm not sure where Amirov would be valued by them.
Kerfoot would be a cap dump since he really wouldn't be of value to the rebuilding Ducks, and this would leave the Ducks with 13 mil in salary to pay between Manson, Rakell, and the cap dump in Kerfoot.

I feel like if the Ducks traded Manson and Rakell separately retaining 50% they could get a better return then this.

Last 4 years:
Hyman:
222 Games
61 goals
128 points
47 point pace
22 goal pace

Rakell:
229 Games
68 goals
161 points
57 point pace
24 goal pace

Rakell has put out more offense in that same period playing on the second worst offensive team, while Hyman has been on the second best.
Not to mention Rakell's wonderful 1.9% shooting percentage this season that has absolutely snake bitten him.
Rakell would be easily be back to a 70 point guy in the Leafs top 6. No question.

I understand if you don't want him to be a cap dump, that's on me, but the fact that Leafs fans are saying they would not trade Hyman for Rakell boggles the mind. Rakell is better in every aspect of the game outside of hitting, he would be cheaper then Hyman, and would be signed for 1 more year.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Hyman today is at least comparable to rakell. Pretty lateral move.

So a 1st+ 2 top prospects both who are nhl ready for Manson, that is so lopsided.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
The Ducks don't value Russians (hadn't drafted a Russian skater in almost 20 years before the 5th round this season) so I'm not sure where Amirov would be valued by them.
Kerfoot would be a cap dump since he really wouldn't be of value to the rebuilding Ducks, and this would leave the Ducks with 13 mil in salary to pay between Manson, Rakell, and the cap dump in Kerfoot.

I understand if you don't want him to be a cap dump, that's on me, but the fact that Leafs fans are saying they would not trade Hyman for Rakell boggles the mind. Rakell is better in every aspect of the game outside of hitting, he would be cheaper then Hyman, and would be signed for 1 more year.
I would 100% trade Hyman for Rakell but it makes no sense for him to be included in a trade for Rakell. Leafs have 5/6 prospects that I'm sure Anaheim would prefer over Hyman, and whom the Leafs would be willing to deal. Leafs could ship out Kerfoot in a separate deal to make the cap work if the Ducks don't want him

That's really interesting that ANA doesn't value Russians

Reactions: lwvs84

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

I feel like if the Ducks traded Manson and Rakell separately retaining 50% they could get a better return then this.

Last 4 years:
Hyman:
222 Games
61 goals
128 points
47 point pace
22 goal pace

Rakell:
229 Games
68 goals
161 points
57 point pace
24 goal pace

Rakell has put out more offense in that same period playing on the second worst offensive team, while Hyman has been on the second best.
Not to mention Rakell's wonderful 1.9% shooting percentage this season that has absolutely snake bitten him.
Rakell would be easily be back to a 70 point guy in the Leafs top 6. No question.

I understand Anaheim doesn't have great talent around them but those are some really cherry picked stats. Hyman broke out just 2 years ago using stats from 4 years is unfair.
They are very comparable players today.

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
NJ doesn't really have a need to do that. They're letting the kids play and see where the chips fall. I'd rather give them a shot at this point. If we were a contender than yeah, but they're not so pass.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs proposal is....really really really bad.

Rakell is struggling. 1 goal this year. Holl and Brodie are locked in as the top two RD.

So essentially they lateral at best hyman for rakell, upgrade bogo to manson to only play 12 mins a night..and it costs em lilly,robertson and a 1st

absolutely not. take out two of liljegren,robertson,1st and leafs still say no. thats how bad it is

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
leafs proposal is....really really really bad.

Rakell is struggling. 1 goal this year. Holl and Brodie are locked in as the top two RD.

So essentially they lateral at best hyman for rakell, upgrade bogo to manson to only play 12 mins a night..and it costs em lilly,robertson and a 1st

absolutely not. take out two of liljegren,robertson,1st and leafs still say no. thats how bad it is

The proposal is not very good but this is worse.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I would love to hear the rational on this.

rational being Hyman has turned into the leafs most important forward not named Matthews or Marner
they need the grit and skill he brings and he is their best PKer

also since the 2018-2019 season

Hyman: 46g/88pts in 140 games
Rakell: 34g/92pts in 163 games

so these guys are pretty close...then the leafs give up two of their top 3 prospects and a 1st for manson? nope
garbage

lock this up mods

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The proposal is not very good but this is worse.

no it isnt leafs dont do any combo of

Hyman + Liljegren/Robertson/1st for Rakell + Manson and it certaintly isnt worse than the leafs essentially giving up two A prospects and a 1st for Manson

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
:ducks
Silfverberg

:bruins
DeBrusk
_______

Rakell (@ 1.9 mil)
Manson (@ 2 mil)

:leafs
Lilegren
Robertson
Hyman (Cap)
2021 1st
_______

Henrique (@ 2.9 mil)

:devils
2021 3rd

Edit: Had NJD's 3rd listed as NYI's 3rd by mistake.
Leafs counter with

Kerfoot ( 1.7 mil )
Brodie ( 3 mil )

for
Max Jones
Comtouis
John Gibson ( cap )
1st round pick 2021

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs counter

Nylander + Holl for

Rakell (Cap)
Zegras
Drysdale
1st

yeah? no?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm curious what you think a return that makes sense for Anaheim is. Getting a top 6 winger and top 4 defensemen for 4 mil total is pretty valuable.
I was between Hyman and Kerfoot but I would honestly want more if the Ducks take on 13 mil in salary to make the numbers work.
Hyman is super important to the leafs top 6, so he’s not really a cap dump that’s a legit player for them.

manson isn’t really going to bring back as much as he would have a year or 2 ago. Rakell is a good piece

it would prob be kerfoot, engvall liljegren 1st and a lesser prospect than Roberson

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad