Robertson
Hyman (Cap)
2021 1st
_______

:ducks
Henrique (@ 2.9 mil)

:devils
2021 3rd

Edit: Had NJD's 3rd listed as NYI's 3rd by mistake.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yikes man, I have absolutely no interest in retaining that much on any of those players. And if we were to, I'd want much better returns than those, or it's just not worth it.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Devils have NYI’s 2021 second rounder, not third. Also don’t know why they’d trade anything for a guy who was just put on waivers.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Pretty easy pass from the leafs. Debrusk for silf might have some merit, doubt the ducks retain that much for that long on henrique for just a 3rd. 1 outta 3

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would prefer to keep Rakell and try to add Debrusk. Not sure if Silfverberg alone is enough to woo Boston.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Pass from TO. Giving up too much with Robertson AND a 1st AND Lilj, and Hyman isn’t a cap dump :huh:

I'm curious what you think a return that makes sense for Anaheim is. Getting a top 6 winger and top 4 defensemen for 4 mil total is pretty valuable.
I was between Hyman and Kerfoot but I would honestly want more if the Ducks take on 13 mil in salary to make the numbers work.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
No chance on that Leafs deal, it's extremely far off. Hyman has more value to the Leafs than Rakell, then we add 2 of our 4 best prospects and a 1st for a defenseman who would play 3rd pairing.

I don't understand why people are still trying to trade Manson to Toronto. Holl has looked like a solid top 4 guy and Bogosian has played very well in his #6 role. The need isn't there at all. Leafs will add a top 6 winger before the deadline and that's it.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
all unbalanced in Ducks favor

unles the NJD deal has notable salary retention, so they can flip him if/when

always liked Silferberg but not worth DeBrusk by himself at this point

to me the TML deal is understandable to propose from a "competitor goes for it' perspective,
but thats 3 high-upside young assets (not Hyman);
w flat Cap, ELC talent is critical to managng roster

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Doubtful we spend that much at the deadline. I suspect our 1rst is on the table but none of our top 4 prospects are. Almost 0 chance we trade Hyman. Kerfoot is more likely but then we need a C as well....

We are tough to trade with right now. Has to be just the right deal. Tight Cap and an expansion year could make this a lean deadline and maybe some deflation, I'm hoping anyway.

Reactions: YP44

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The leafs don’t need another defenceman. Any top 4 d the leafs acquire pushes one of our current top 4 out and they all deserve to be in the top 4.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yikes man, I have absolutely no interest in retaining that much on any of those players. And if we were to, I'd want much better returns than those, or it's just not worth it.
How much do you think they're worth exactly..?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
The leafs don’t need another defenceman. Any top 4 d the leafs acquire pushes one of our current top 4 out and they all deserve to be in the top 4.
i agree but you can never have too much defensive depth. imagine Manson or Holl being on the bottom pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad