GDT: Anaheim @ Arizona 6pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Glad I missed this one. Was considering watching the full game delayed but opted to go with the condensed game instead. Made the right call.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Ducks are in a great spot going forward. Anyone overly pissed just never came to grips with a rebuild. Its just going to take some time. Give me one more top pick and I think we have the foundation to build something special around.
Yeah, with Comtois, Jones and even Lundestrom coming along this year and I think another top pick (hopefully a forward), there is reason to be hopeful for the future. Still crossing my fingers that one or both of Terry/Steel eventually figures it out as well. There will have to be other moves as well

Reactions: Trojans86

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ducks are in a great spot going forward. Anyone overly pissed just never came to grips with a rebuild. Its just going to take some time. Give me one more top pick and I think we have the foundation to build something special around.
It’s going to be more than one more top pick. The foundation will be there, but moves have to be made to acquire proven talent at some point. Not sure Bob is the guy for that any more

TheIceman93

Apr 11, 2016
Not trying to stir the pot or ruffle feathers. I care deeply about this team and it's hard watching them play so poorly. I just think there is a hockey culture problem in Anaheim. I had a chance to speak to a former Duck player at a conference a number of years ago. I won't say who because he's a great guy and he was solid for the team for a few years but he said his biggest criticism of the experience was general fan apathy. I'm not endorsing player harassment in public. I just wish management cared more. I wish the players cared more and I sometimes wish the fans (generally speaking) cared more.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

upload_2021-2-24_22-28-1.png

1231367049_slide.jpg

1231368755_slide.jpg

Reactions: Kalv

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not trying to stir the pot or ruffle feathers. I care deeply about this team and it's hard watching them play so poorly. I just think there is a hockey culture problem in Anaheim. I had a chance to speak to a former Duck player at a conference a number of years ago. I won't say who because he's a great guy and he was solid for the team for a few years but he said his biggest criticism of the experience was general fan apathy. I'm not endorsing player harassment in public. I just wish management cared more. I wish the players cared more and I sometimes wish the fans (generally speaking) cared more.
well the samuelis are doing a great job of losing the few fans this team has left

glad i didn't watch this one. blowing a 3 goal lead two games in a row must be absolutely demoralizing. shit is just painful to watch

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
boudreau is the best coach this franchise has ever had. constantly got meh rosters to overachieve and yes, he was outcoached at times but he wasn't the one out on the ice during those game 7s

i've defended eakins because the rosters he's been given to work with have been trash, but is it time we blame him for the failure of guys like steel, terry, and jones to develop properly?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
They also barely played together, I think maybe two actual shifts, three tops. It's pretty overblown, but Felix IIRC has a hard on for Grant so that's not surprising.

Steel as well. Just a funny outcome.

boudreau is the best coach this franchise has ever had. constantly got meh rosters to overachieve and yes, he was outcoached at times but he wasn't the one out on the ice during those game 7s

i've defended eakins because the rosters he's been given to work with have been trash, but is it time we blame him for the failure of guys like steel, terry, and jones to develop properly?

Steel is the only one really struggling right now imo. Terry looks good most nights but on a team that can't score he's just not putting up numbers, and Jones is playing very good hockey right now.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Lol at these Ducks. Blowing a 2nd 3 goal lead, this time with less than 10 minutes remaining is just awful. Embrace the rebuild already and ship anyone over 29 out that has any value.

Reactions: TheIceman93

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Obviously this is skewed and largely meaningless since they were only deployed for defensive draws, but kind of funny regardless:

The analytics with Zegras weren’t exactly stellar either, only a 26 xGF% with him on the ice. Analytics are largely meaningless over single game sample sizes.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah loving Jones. But he has to show he can be consistent. I think it was before that he could also get careless over long stretches.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

The Ducks teams he coached didn't have that bad of a roster and he is a horrible coach in game 7's not just with the Ducks once he was gone and we rehired RC we won a game 7. BB was good for coaching in regular season but in the playoffs not that good.

Eakins has overplayed Shattenkirk right from the start that alone is telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad