Confirmed Trade: [ANA/VAN] Michael Del Zotto (25% retained) for Luke Schenn and a 2020 7th round pick

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just think, 3 years ago the Flyers defence had both MDZ and Schenn on it.oh, it also had:

Streit
Ghost
Schultz
Manning
Gudas
Medvedev
MacDonald

And somehow, Mason posted a.918 SV% and Neuvirth a .924 SV%. Hell, 3 years later and only Ghost and Gudas are not waiver fodder or retired!

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Can a Canucks fan explain to me how del Zotto has been terrible for them this season? Looking over his numbers it looks like he's been outperforming almost all their guys on the back end, suppressing shots, and driving play decently well. His penalties taken isn't good, is that what the big thing is?

Because Luke Schenn is not an NHL player in any sense.

I could be off on this a little, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my impression of his time in Vancouver.

Last year, he got tons of ice time because of injuries. He handled the extra ice decent enough at first, but then faded as time wore on. But still, if he played less minutes, he seemed like an decent stopgap while the Canucks rebuilt.

I think all that ice time last year got it into his head that he was a bigger man on campus than he actually was. First he went all old-man-shouting-at-clouds and spouted off about teammates playing video games, which led to video games getting banned on the road.

Then when the season started, he didn't play well at all despite what the analytics say. When you watched a game, you'd see him make glaringly bad plays at the wrong time that would cost them goals. Green gave him a long stretch of games to figure it out, but he never did, so he sat. And any time he got back into the line up, he didn't improve, and it didn't seem like he had the will to fight through things.

Green always gives players enough rope to hang themselves. But if you're willing to battle through things, he'll always give you another chance. I mean, this is almost a mirror of what happened to Hutton last year. Dog house last year. A dependable fixture on the blue line this year playing tons of minutes during injury and playing well.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I had not realized that Shcenn had fallen out of the NHL. Just a minor move I guess, not sure what it will help for either team.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Just think, 3 years ago the Flyers defence had both MDZ and Schenn on it.oh, it also had:

Streit
Ghost
Schultz
Manning
Gudas
Medvedev
MacDonald

And somehow, Mason posted a.918 SV% and Neuvirth a .924 SV%. Hell, 3 years later and only Ghost and Gudas are not waiver fodder or retired!
Not to mention, both MDZ and Luke were at one point top pair defensemen on the Flyers.

Reactions: Tripod

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Meh a who-cares deal...neither players are nhl regulars. Canucks shed a couple million and get a pick. Sounds like we are opening a spot for EP40’s return. All and all a fairly meaningless deal.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Didn't Friedman report not too long ago that there was huge league wide interest in Del Zotto? So i guess Luke Schenn and a 7th rounder is a mistake in the thread title?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad