Confirmed Trade: [ANA/VAN] Michael Del Zotto (25% retained) for Luke Schenn and a 2020 7th round pick

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Didn't Friedman report not too long ago that there was huge league wide interest in Del Zotto? So i guess Luke Schenn and a 7th rounder is a mistake in the thread title?

For his on ice contributions, and Bennings history of throwing in later picks to "get the trade done", Schenn (an AHL D) and a 7th might as well be Manson and a 1st.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I remember when the 19 year old "Human Eraser" was being labelled as the best shutdown defensemen since Adam Foote by scouts. I still don't really know what happened there. Some people say that our development staff decided that he needed to put on weight, which in turn affected his already mediocre skating. Others think he just came along at a time when the pace of the game was evolving and players like him just weren't as effective as they were in the 90's. Either way, It makes me a little sad to see someone who was heralded as a future captain falling so far from grace. It wasn't long ago I thought he had the chance to rebound and become an effective part of any teams second pairing but at 29 years of age that opportunity is probably long gone.

I don't really see this as a significant move for either team but it is interesting that Luke is being projected as playing for Utica(is this substantiated or just a prediction?) I thought that the Canucks would at least try him out.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
schenn might get a look if gudbranson gets injured, but biega is going to get the first crack at filling in for any right side injury.

i think it's more likely a contender grabs him for a depth piece at the tdl since he is already parked in the ahl.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
google.

Try looking it up.

It was a joke. OP posted a speculation thread with no source about a trade that had already happened, it was in response to that and then it got merged into this one.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
well when you're 2 months behind everyone else you're gonna be a little rusty. Hes not awful.
Agreed. But lots of players miss training camp and even summer training because of injuries and still hit the ground running.
He’s had 17 games. This is not all rust.
Maybe pressure living up to a big contract? Hard to say.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Defensively he's prone to awful breakdowns, that's his thing. Physically he's alright. He can skate, he likes to hit, he can pass the puck (most of the time).

Basically he'll be playing decent and then all of a sudden he'll have completely lost his man on the GWG against & you'll wonder why he's still in the league.

So he's entertaining going both directions on the ice? And he'll cost the team games to help with that draft pick? Great trade for the Ducks.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I don't really see this as a significant move for either team but it is interesting that Luke is being projected as playing for Utica(is this substantiated or just a prediction?) I thought that the Canucks would at least try him out.

The Canucks have Pettersson likely coming back for next game and will need to demote someone to accommodate. As Del Zotto was on the pro roster, and Schenn had already cleared waivers and was playing in the AHL, he's going to Utica.

The Canucks are currently carrying 7 healthy dman now and don't really have any defensive depth in Utica, so a couple of injuries and Schenn could be the first call up. Right now he's probably our #8 guy, though would be bumped to #9 if Hughes signs after his college season is over.

Reactions: forty47seven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad