Confirmed Trade: [ANA/VAN] Michael Del Zotto (25% retained) for Luke Schenn and a 2020 7th round pick

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Can a Canucks fan explain to me how del Zotto has been terrible for them this season? Looking over his numbers it looks like he's been outperforming almost all their guys on the back end, suppressing shots, and driving play decently well. His penalties taken isn't good, is that what the big thing is?

Because Luke Schenn is not an NHL player in any sense.
Well, tbh I can’t remeber much about MDZ this season because he doesn’t play a lot.
I do however, remember there were two times that he took a dumb penalty late in 3rd that resulted in the GWG.

His last season play was...meh, he was a serviceable bottom pair D last season. Ducks fans need to wish MDZ still has a little juice

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
25% of the $1.3m remaining= $325k. anaheim must have serious cap issues to negotiate that into the deal.
why would you not want to save 325k if you can..... i take it you are not rich.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks had to make a roster move with Pettersson coming back from injury. If Del Zotto goes on waivers, they likely lose him for nothing. So a seventh rounder in 2020 and a veteran d-man like Schenn for their Utica farm team seems like a fair result.

Ducks get a veteran d-man on an expiring contract. And if they fall out of playoff contention, can still move him again at the trade deadline.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Hughes will be a Canuck before April, and they both play the left side. I imagine they have him pencilled in whether they are in the playoff hunt or not.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Also wtf are the Ducks doing? Shaking up their roster with 3 pointless moves. That's like trying to fix a broken down car by changing the whipers and door handles.

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
The penalties thing makes sense to me, but again I'm not seeing where the atrocious defensively thing is coming from. Canucks are better defensively when he's out there by a solid margin.
Because you’re only looking at advanced stats. They don’t show the whole picture. He’s gives the puck away in crucial moments in the defensive zone every game. He’s an older Derrick Pouliot.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Something tells me MDZ is gonna be doing a lot of scoring in California where all of the "STARLETS" <---- wink wink wink work and live. Guy is a bigger rocket hunter than the CIA.

michael-del-zottos-girlfriend-lisa-ann-2.jpg

B1iJxgzCMAE21Zn.jpg

Worst case scenario he ends up on the IR with somekind of "lower body injury".
lmao. This must be Bob Murray's idea of positive locker room guys. I now see what Del Zotto brings to the Ducks

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
just you wait until he trades some of those 5ths and 6ths for a few thirds and fourths, and then those into a couple seconds, which he finally consolidates into a top 5 1st rounder

i do this in chel all day

I can just see Benning with his hat backwards in a pewdiepie chair sipping on some dew at a large oak boardroom table talking to the rest of management and his scouting department telling them "I do this in chel all day".

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Benning's logic doesn't work that way. More picks> quality picks in his mind. Benning's like the challenged kid in kindergarten you give 75 cents in dimes and nickles and pennies for his $1 bill and then run away laughing while he sits there with a blank look on his face thinking he won the deal.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Benning's logic doesn't work that way. More picks> quality picks in his mind. Benning's like the challenged kid in kindergarten you give 75 cents in dimes and nickles and pennies for his $1 bill and then run away laughing while he sits there with a blank look on his face thinking he won the deal.

when the dollar fails and the global economy collapses your stupid paper wont be worth much compared to his cold hard coins baby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad