Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TBL] Nate Thompson to Anaheim for 4th and 7th round picks in 2015

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
How did you get more back for Thompson than for Gagner + Crombeen? :dunno:

Crombeen really had little to no value on his current contract. He signed more for Guy Bouche's system, which went out the window quickly. apparently Gagner didn't have much value either though...

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well, this hurts, but at least we got good value for Nate. A 4th and a 7th isnt bad. Im just annoyed that we traded our 2 extra 7th's now, cause we would be owning that round next year at this rate haha.

...Really is sad to see Nate go though. Ehrhoff's going to be coming our way, im feeling that one. Real question is whether we go after Igninlia or someone else like that. This team changed a lot in a few days.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
This is depressing... I loved Thompson, always was a classy act that showed up with a smile and didn't whine about everything like some players.

Good luck in Cali bud, they're lucky to have you.

Still believing in SFY, but man this one hurts...

Fred89

Jun 8, 2011
Milan
Seeing Nate go makes me sad.. I hoped he's gonna be a bolt for a while!
Good luck and at this point, let's let the free agency begin!

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
**** you Yzerman and your cold, flawless logic you use on these trades. But this one really hurts deep, might bite us in the ass for missing some leadership, but Stamkos seems to have exceptional leadership skills so I guess we cam live without Nate.

But mysterious are His ways

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
This one stings a bit. Purcell and Crombeen gone for anything is a win as I would have been happy with buying out either but I need to see SFY's plan for me to feel comfortable with this trade. 1.6M is a bit pricey for a 4th line center so we'll see.

Also don't hate giving Al Murray 3 more picks.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Should Brewer be worried?

we have 9.5 right now so is more than just a one player move.

with ohlund have 13 million.

brewer will not have a role to me if bring in a legit two guy. erhoff niskanen? orpik maybe.

so d is hedman x free agent
carle garrison
sustr gudas
barberio
koekkoek korobov cote?

so yeah if I was brewer id believe I wouldnt sleep easy right now myself 3.875 we might hold some salary but really wont need him and stevie likes flexibility.

you add that close to 4 can get statsny or marleau at 6.5 plus one of these guys at 5 or higher plus a ufa goalie at 2 sign your other guys connolly panik sustr to decent deals and not even use ohlunds money at all plus maybe add a bottom line guy for a million or something?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
anyone hearing anything this morning? heard targets of marleau niskanen erhoff fayne and statsny?

Anything reliable obviously no one gets stevies plan yet:)

Is excited though to say the least!!

I'm hearing erhoff and statsny as are two targets but also could be marleau and niskanen ?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Funny how everyone complaind about this. For me Gagner + Crombeen for 6th is very bad trade compared to this.

It was never really about getting value for them though. It was about getting rid of Purcell. And as for Crombeen? Eh whatever. I didn't dislike him but I'm not in tears over his departure. He was the first guy I would've replaced on our bottom 6 anyway. And Gagner? We don't need him. Last thing we need is yet another center. And if even half of what the Oiler fans said about him was true then it is probably best he was traded.

It's hard to get value on salary dumps.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm with you guys on the Thompson trade. I'm going to be walking funny for a couple days from all the butthurt. But I'm glad Nate gets to go to a LEGITIMATE contender and he can still bask in the sun in the shade of the palm trees just like Florida. I can promise he is upset but is very positive and will be all smiles when he and his family get to So Cal.

I don't think we can say the same for Purcell though. Edmonton's a great place but say bye bye to the sandy beaches, palm trees, pina coladas and 50 degrees in the winter. Just bring a shovel instead of a snowblower.... you don't want to end up like Joe Sakic.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It was never really about getting value for them though. It was about getting rid of Purcell. And as for Crombeen? Eh whatever. I didn't dislike him but I'm not in tears over his departure. He was the first guy I would've replaced on our bottom 6 anyway. And Gagner? We don't need him. Last thing we need is yet another center. And if even half of what the Oiler fans said about him was true then it is probably best he was traded.

It's hard to get value on salary dumps.

Bingo. If it were possible to get a better return on a salary dump, Purcell would have been traded a while ago for a 2nd rounder.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
We just have too many guys to keep Nate.

He served his purpose when we first got him but we have added so much since then. And the more we will add the more we don't need Nate.

Yea it hurts to lose players you like a lot but when you win you forget all about those players that are gone.

And I'm all in on Stevie's Plan.

it was gut wrenching to read posts these last few weeks about sitting tight for a couple of years and letting our youngsters develop and then make a run for the cup.

I always knew we had enough stuff to make a run for the cup this year if we made the right moves.

And this was one of them to clear the garbage out and their contracts to make room for better players.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
This is some exciting stuff, we haven't seen this much turn over from sfy before. I also said thompson could be expendable this offseason. Going to be a really interesting july 1st.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
Reported on TSN was that Gagner was getting bought out (Missy Zelinsky also tweeted it but later deleted her tweet) So we pretty much got a 6th rounder for BJ Crombeen. Which is pretty damn good!

Here's the link to TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456044

and here's my favorite thing from twitter last night LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqkT738XD8

Also I like the return from Nate Thompson trade. I really liked him but I think we will forget about him with Cedric Paquette.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I am bummed to hear about Thompson getting traded, he was a hard working guy who played his role well.

However, SFY is cooking something up. The next few days will be exciting.

EDIT: I believe in the Yzerplan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad