Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TBL] Nate Thompson to Anaheim for 4th and 7th round picks in 2015

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Ducks fan here. I have to say I'm really encouraged by the dissatisfaction so many of you have towards this trade. A cheap, very popular bottom-six center who can kill penalties and provide leadership and energy is more than worth a couple of draft picks. Sorry for your loss but I'm sure by tomorrow you guys won't be so bummed anymore. I have to believe this is a top destination for a lot of free agents considering the money that will be spent and the team that Yzerman has built. I mean, who wouldn't want to play with Stamkos and live in Florida?

Also what's Textbook about?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Ducks fan here. I have to say I'm really encouraged by the dissatisfaction so many of you have towards this trade. A cheap, very popular bottom-six center who can kill penalties and provide leadership and energy is more than worth a couple of draft picks. Sorry for your loss but I'm sure by tomorrow you guys won't be so bummed anymore. I have to believe this is a top destination for a lot of free agents considering the money that will be spent and the team that Yzerman has built. I mean, who wouldn't want to play with Stamkos and live in Florida?

Also what's Textbook about?

Yeah, we're all a little bummed. But we all trust in the Yzerplan ;) most of us anyway.

Textbook refers to our old coach, Guy Boucher, referring to Thompson as "textbook" all the time. Thompson would do what Guy asked to a T usually.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Yeah, we're all a little bummed. But we all trust in the Yzerplan ;) most of us anyway.

Textbook refers to our old coach, Guy Boucher, referring to Thompson as "textbook" all the time. Thompson would do what Guy asked to a T usually.

Love the sound of that. I'll do my best to keep it going on the Ducks boards but my peers seem to gravitate to really stupid nicknames so it'll be a struggle for sure.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I thought they called him textbook because he was so expensive and you don't really need him to pass the course anyway.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Love the sound of that. I'll do my best to keep it going on the Ducks boards but my peers seem to gravitate to really stupid nicknames so it'll be a struggle for sure.

Unfortunately, Nate prefers "The Alaskan Assassin"

Textbook is definitely what I like to call him.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Unfortunately, Nate prefers "The Alaskan Assassin"

Textbook is definitely what I like to call him.

I prefer Nasty Nate.

We have liked him for his attitude, work ethic and usefulness (PK, faceoffs) but he did decline the last season in my eyes and in the end he is just a fourth liner but im sure he will do good for the Ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad