Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TBL] Nate Thompson to Anaheim for 4th and 7th round picks in 2015

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Any of you guys still up over there have a rundown of Thompson?

Looks like you guys are going for something big, and Stevie definitely is a guy that can pull it off. You guys are gonna be strong come October. :nod:

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Paquette was his replacement, the writing was on the wall at the end of the season. I thought Thompson would have one more year, but Yzerman's on a roll.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Looks like you guys are going for something big, and Stevie definitely is a guy that can pull it off. You guys are gonna be strong come October. :nod:

You're gonna love him, and no other fanbase in the league will understand why.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Drouin Stammer Iginla
Palat Filp Cally
Killorn Johnson Kucherov
Brown Paquette Panik

Hedman Stralman
Carle Garrison
Brewer Gudas

???? Oh I would love this....

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Damn...can understand the Crombeen and Purcell moves but this is a bit puzzling. Obviously there is a plan in place with all of these moves, Tuesday is going to be really interesting. Wouldn't shock me if they already have deals in place and are just waiting for noon on Tuesday to announce them.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
You're gonna love him, and no other fanbase in the league will understand why.

Yeah reading through this it sounds like alot of you guys have nothing bad to say about him. Hopefully whatever Yzerman has up his sleeve will soften the blow of losing a guy that seemed liked by the fans.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

Our fourth line Center. Also wore an A so excellent in the locker room. Responsible on the defensive end. Solid in the circle. No scoring...but one of the more solid 4th liners you will find. Doesn't drop gloves but still physical player that offers grit.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well everyone but Boltman was wrong about Thompson not moving. At least we got a decent return for him, think we couldn't held onto him until the trade deadline and got a late 2nd possibly. How is Anaheim bringing in all these player's lately without moving out much salary? Guess we aren't trading for Vatanen anytime soon because if so we would've added to Thompson for him.

Hope we don't sign someone like Brian Boyle to replace him that would be counterproductive. Hopefully it's just Paquette taking his spot. We had capspace to keep Thompson so still not sure what the main reasons for moving him are.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
We're never going to hear the end of this from Boltman.

Nate Thompson had no value on the Lightning.

I said more than once that the Lighting need to part ways with this guy and let someone else in there. Everyone kept saying that it's impossible to replace him with another guy. Everyone kept asking who ... who ... well I guess Stevie knows who. Please anybody.

On the penalty kill when the Lightning were bottled up all you had to do is look over the ice and see Thompson there.

And the guy couldn't do anything offense wise. Could not finish a play.

Why do you think the last team waived him? He was ok when our team had no extra guys but we out grew that more than a year ago.

I hope you guys give me a little credit here. :)

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
I don't like this - obviously fourth liner is a fourth liner so sure, he's replaceable but Thompson was one of my favorite players in this team. Perfect fourth line center IMO. Well, Yzerman seems to need cap space so none can do; I hope that Paquette can replace him and be around Thompson's level.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
"Waiting for Yzerman's next moves be like..."

BrWhGDMCUAA1tBg.jpg:large

-- Someone on Twitter. :laugh:

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Nate Thompson had no value on the Lightning.

I said more than once that the Lighting need to part ways with this guy and let someone else in there. Everyone kept saying that it's impossible to replace him with another guy. Everyone kept asking who ... who ... well I guess Stevie knows who. Please anybody.

On the penalty kill when the Lightning were bottled up all you had to do is look over the ice and see Thompson there.

And the guy couldn't do anything offense wise. Could not finish a play.

Why do you think the last team waived him? He was ok when our team had no extra guys but we out grew that more than a year ago.

I hope you guys give me a little credit here. :)

The last team waived him because back then he was a 26 year old below average fourth liner who had about 80 games of NHL experience - he didn't look like a very valuable player. But since he gained more NHL experience, he has became extremely reliable fourth line center. Can't finish a play? He can score from time to time but scoring isn't fourth liners job - Thompson knew his role as a defensive forward and energy player who hits, blocks shots, kills penalties etc. He's a above average fourth liner, certainly. Yzerman's reason to move him wasn't that he's a bad player - it was the fact that Paquette is a younger, cheaper option who looks like could replace Thompson as a fourth line center.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Pressbox....? Don't like Connolly nor Kucherov on first line minutes yet to tbh. Don't know where to put him on the right side. Unless Kuch goes down and Connolly takes third line minutes.

Syracuse and Namestnikov might need Kucherov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad