Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TB] Eric Brewer for 3rd-round pick (2015)

BobbyTheChiefTaylor

Nov 26, 2014
Boy I'll tell ya what, one thing I am gonna miss with Bewher is that he isn't afraid to push guys down in front of our net. Why donst anyone else shv peopole dn I mean then thas how the ohter team is getinng be having goals ditry thaht we shuld avid.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Good on Yzerman. I get where Brewer is coming from - his next contract will probably be his last, so this is the only way he can probably earn a new contract.

I agree,

I like what Yzerman is doing as a GM but also without forgetting what it's like to be a player and everything that comes with it.

And also this:

Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith

Yzerman said Brewer didn't ask to be traded. But Steve reached out to Brewer earlier this week, then explored options. Trade works for both

Yzerman confirms #tblightning will retain 26 percent of Brewer's $3.875 million salary for this season

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Worth adding:

Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith

Yzerman said they may look at adding another defenseman down the line, but want to keep playing Barberio too, liked what he's shown

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Great return especially at this time of the season. Was wondering how Anaheim had caproom but retaining close to a million works. Hopefully we can stay healthy on the backend as I don't trust Barberio full-time time but it makes Koekkoek one step closer to seeing NHL minutes. One less player I have to defend, hopefully Connolly isn't next.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Great return especially at this time of the season. Was wondering how Anaheim had caproom but retaining close to a million works. Hopefully we can stay healthy on the backend as I don't trust Barberio full-time time but it makes Koekkoek one step closer to seeing NHL minutes. One less player I have to defend, hopefully Connolly isn't next.

Probably Cote before Koekkoek. On right side...Witkowski then Corrente.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yzerman gets even more props on how he handles things like this and I'm glad that Brewer made the chocie for what is best for him and I wish him well.

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith

Eric Brewer says he's "super excited" to go to @AnaheimDucks. "I want to play, I feel good, I have games to offer."

Brewer on sitting out. "I don't think I handled it that well to be honest. We agree to disagree on the situation, that's the team's choice"

Brewer said he and Yzerman had a great and "very open" talk other day. Appreciated opportunity in Tampa and sad to leave, but excited too

Brewer: "It's been good to be part of a team that's trending in the right direction... I'm disappointed I won't be a part of it."

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Great for Brewer, good honest response to the questions too. Sustr just lost his babysitter, now its up to Carle....

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Anaheim is quickly becoming my Western team. Would like to see Thompson and Brewer succeed.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
It's got to be hard for a Vet to sit like that. He can't admit that he lost a step, and he's a prideful guy, I get it.

Same goes for Morrow, although apparently he's handling it incredibly well and understands. Class act guy.

On another note, I wonder what would happen if we offered 11 picks + Conolly (and maybe someone like brown) in exchange for whoever gets the first 2015 draft pick :sarcasm:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We need to pick up a solid d-man and possibly a new back up goalie.

We have 5 top 4 defenseman, including a true #1. I don't think getting a Dman is a need, more of a luxury that if the right deal comes along to go ahead and pull the trigger.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We need to pick up a solid d-man and possibly a new back up goalie.

We got a high 3rd for Brewer who was a #7/healthy scratch. If we are getting an upgrade it's going to cost more then that which I don't think is worth it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We have 5 top 4 defenseman, including a true #1. I don't think getting a Dman is a need, more of a luxury that if the right deal comes along to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Outside the first pairing they lack mobility.

Garrison-Gudas
Carle-Sustr

That's serviceable but certainly isn't going to scare anyone. Any team with speed it going to expose that bottom 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad