Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TB] Eric Brewer for 3rd-round pick (2015)

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
SFY!

Good value for Brewer and frees up the spot. I think we go forward with our D for now and let Sustr and Barbs get some time in. We can further evaluate where we are by midpoint in the season, other teams will have a better sense of it they are playoff bound or not as well. So Toronto, Caps, Canes etc might be more willing to part with a D for a young forward or draft pick etc.

Carle and Sustr are showing their issues because they are playing more minutes than they should be. Heddy coming back will help slot them appropriately and we will see less of that in the next 10 games.

Man, all that draft picks next year in a deep draft! Gives us flexibility to make a move AND restock some depth as well. We are really being set up for success in the years to come like the Bolts have never been before. We are watching the building of a Dynasty right before our very eyes.

Great already, but imagine if we get that lotto pick. We could trade down to #2 or 3 for a buttload of great assets, too, or take McDavid and just hoard cups for the next 10 years.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Enjoyed watching Brewer with the Lightning.

Wish him well playing with Nate and hope he can land a multi-year contract after the season.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Kevin Weekes‏@KevinWeekes
I'm told AnaheimDucks newly acquired D-Man Brewer may have suffered a broken foot.@NHL @NHLNetwork.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I just thought of something. Getting rid of Brewer may not have been as much to get rid of space for a deadline acquisition as much as it is to give us a buffer zone if one of the 23894723 players we have on ELCs end up hitting bonus benchmarks. This prevents us from having to roll over the bonuses to next season (which could be... dicey and handcuff Yzerman in the offseason).

Anyway, it looks like he's playing chess while we're playing checkers.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I have given up trying to think like Yzerman. Dude already has the next 5 years plotted out while our simple minds are focused on what to eat for dinner.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Anaheim Ducks‏@AnaheimDucks
INJURY UPDATES: Goaltender Jason LaBarbera (broken bone in hand) out 2-3 weeks. Eric Brewer (broken bone in foot) out 4-6 weeks.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Anaheim Ducks‏@AnaheimDucks
INJURY UPDATES: Goaltender Jason LaBarbera (broken bone in hand) out 2-3 weeks. Eric Brewer (broken bone in foot) out 4-6 weeks.

elminst.gif

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Hope a speedy recovery to Brewer, but seriously, Anaheim is suffering more injuries than us last year. I feel bad for the team at this point. Hope those guys can catch a break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad