Confirmed Trade: [ANA/OTT] Erik Gudbranson for 2021 5th round pick

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The only reason is because his real salary is 3 M and his caphit is 4 M. They save 1 M getting to the cap floor, and are willing to pay a 5th for that.

That is it.

100% Melnick.

Joke of an organization.

It’s not that bad. I mean, they did need a right shot dman, and he’s only signed for a year. Hardly worth getting upset about.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It’s not that bad. I mean, they did need a right shot dman, and he’s only signed for a year. Hardly worth getting upset about.

I'm not upset. It's just a sad state of affairs for that team. They should just stop the suffering already and sell the team.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
When the team is dead f***ing broke and you're making hard choices with guys like Bobby Ryan, you don't turn around and piss away 3M on Gudbranson.

Just a f***ing terrible move. f*** you dorion. I wish I had you phone number just to call you a moron.

Why don’t you calm down and have a Snickers bar?

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Gudbranson is probably one of the 3 toughest guys in the league, and potentially the toughest (although Reaves is that guy for now). With Ottawa having so many younger players, this isn't a bad move. He's also a decent skater for a big man. And when I say 'big man', if you ever see this guy live, he's an absolute monster. Scary big. I would have been happy to have him on the bottom pairing for the Leafs.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The last Ottawa born right shot defenceman to play for Ottawa had a rough time here. Let’s see how it goes for Guddy.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I get different positions but sheer talent wouldn't u rather just keep Duclair to get to the cap?

Simplicity

Dec 23, 2017
So, Dorion takes on Gudbranson, with $3M in cash to pay him, but he was worried Duclair would get too much in arbitration?
Sad to see posts like this that are intentionally dense just baiting others.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I like Gudbranson here. This move scares me. It gives Murray the ability to make a shitty f***ing signing like he does so often on defenseman.

I know it’s been mentioned already in other threads but this also confirms Manson isn’t going anywhere.

Reactions: flyersNducks

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Erik Gudbranson was -27 on the Canucks during 18/19 season then went +7 on the Penguins in the same year.

He is highly overpaid, but in the right situation he can be useful.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Gudbranson is probably one of the 3 toughest guys in the league, and potentially the toughest (although Reaves is that guy for now). With Ottawa having so many younger players, this isn't a bad move. He's also a decent skater for a big man. And when I say 'big man', if you ever see this guy live, he's an absolute monster. Scary big. I would have been happy to have him on the bottom pairing for the Leafs.
Every team should have a guy to step up when other teams are taking runs at your star players or anybody on your team for that matter . Anyone who thinks a team does not need some truculence or grit when things get rough probalbly hasn’t played a game of hockey against a bigger stronger team .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad