Confirmed Trade: [ANA/DET/FLA] Michael Del Zotto to the Ducks, Danny O'Regan to the Red Wings, Givani Smith to the Panthers

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Does givani stink or something? I was under the impression he was an ok 4th liner/modern goon

Edit: holy shit those AHL #’s, nvm he stinks

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
NHL GMs

doing something to substantively improve the NHL club prior to the trade freeze:
1671514149734.png

pointless and unnecessarily complex AHL trade:
1671514295361.png

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Does givani stink or something? I was under the impression he was an ok 4th liner/modern goon

Griffins has been bad this season. Smith is an ok call up for fouth line duty.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
What’re they looking for him to do/be? Imo he’s a checking line forward who can fight, is he struggling be competent at that, or we’re they looking for him to score more?
He's struggling to be competent at anything. And they were looking for him to score more. Most "checking line forwards who can fight" may as well just not have a stick, because they're not good hockey players (relatively, they'd still style over everyone in an adult league.) Smith isn't a good player. This should be an AHL move for Florida. If he plays more than a game in Florida in anything more than a "well, we need like 8 minutes of rest for one of our forwards", things have gone very wrong indeed.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He's struggling to be competent at anything. And they were looking for him to score more. Most "checking line forwards who can fight" may as well just not have a stick, because they're not good hockey players (relatively, they'd still style over everyone in an adult league.) Smith isn't a good player. This should be an AHL move for Florida. If he plays more than a game in Florida in anything more than a "well, we need like 8 minutes of rest for one of our forwards", things have gone very wrong indeed.
Guys have flourished here lately who’ve struggled elsewhere, but I didn’t realize he was struggling how he was.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Seems like you're evaluating him based on a 20 game statistical sample. Given his age & style, his career AHL production is nothing to look down your nose at. Plus, he plays the game in a way that some guys just aren't willing to do.

Smith is a call-up/extra forward, probably never an everyday player, but he can still improve and make himself into a more useful depth option.

Reactions: Laus723

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Seems like you're evaluating him based on a 20 game statistical sample. Given his age & style, his career AHL production is nothing to look down your nose at. Plus, he plays the game in a way that some guys just aren't willing to do.

Smith is a call-up/extra forward, probably never an everyday player, but he can still improve and make himself into a more useful depth option.
He’s got the worst +\- on his team by far, like pretty close to double as bad as the next guy. That’s pretty remarkable and very hard to do

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He’s got the worst +\- on his team by far, like pretty close to double as bad as the next guy. That’s pretty remarkable and very hard to do
Damn... I didn't know you had his current-season +/- in your back pocket.

How can I possibly respond...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad