Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] D Radko Gudas signs with the Ducks (3 years, $4M AAV)

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Glad I he’s doing well. I always like him from his time with the Caps as much as I’ve hated him for his time in a bunch of other places.

He’s maybe been a little inconsistent over the years but probably underrated.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It feels like he's changed the culture, or helped to. Guys that weren't physical before are throwing hits. I think players feel a bit more comfortable when they know there's going to be a more hated guy on their team... and Gudas loves being that guy. Dostal also commented about how he loves having a guy that will punish his for hacking away at him. Overall great signing, even if he can barely play by next season the impact he's had on some of the younger guys is worth it.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
He’s been as advertised and then some. Luckily the Ducks have been able to put him in a position to succeed instead of forcing him to the top pairing with Fowler. I don’t know the fancy stats, but he’s been a big part of what’s been a recently very strong PK as well when I don’t believe that was a strength of his prior.

Reactions: Laus723 and lwvs84

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Guy has brought all the intangibles that you could want, especially to a team with a bunch of formative teenagers learning what it takes to be winners at the NHL level. Also, has been substantially better at actually playing hockey then this thread would indicate.

Much more often than not, free agent signings which are widely criticized end up very poorly for the team. So far, this seems like an exception. Long way to go, but money very well spent so far.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I’ve always regretted Tampa trading him away. It was an understandable move at the time but man he’s a pain in the ass to play against and you love to have guys like that on your team.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I'm a big Gudas fan, but can the Ducks ask their statkeeper to juice his hits and blocks like his past teams have. His fantasy points have plummeted compared to years past! :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: lwvs84

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He was good for the Flyers apart from the ever increasing suspensions. It's great that he was able to get that shit out of his game, without losing his physical edge entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad