Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] D Radko Gudas signs with the Ducks (3 years, $4M AAV)

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Damn. Wanted red wings to go after gudas bad. Or schenn but I knew that wasn’t happening (then again, I thought actual playoff contenders would have signed him…not Nashville). Contract seems steep but we obviously had the money and went with holl instead for 600k less.

Good luck to him but glad he’s out of the east at least. Wings have enough gudas’ to play against in the Atlantic, much less the entire east. At least it’s one less (then again now we have to deal with reeves and Bert for 4-5 games now)

Reactions: Laus723

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Horrible contract for this meathead. His performance in the final was one of the worst I've ever seen. Maybe next season he stops looking to make big hits and plays his damn position. Extremely DUMB player.
It sounds like he was a good regular season player which is all the Ducks need out of him for now since they’re getting nowhere near the finals. We’ll happily take the meathhead for $4million, Alex.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Glad to see him out west. If he can actually learn to play his position decently it’s a good deal, but I think he’s just gonna continue as that hit stick factor. Also feels like paying for playoff experience when it’s like.. right, and now he’s in Anaheim, so how relevant will that be..? Same sorta thing with O’Reilly in Nashville. Yay, we got a leader (who just took the highest salary and doesn’t care if it’s a mediocre team!)

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Glad to see him out west. If he can actually learn to play his position decently it’s a good deal, but I think he’s just gonna continue as that hit stick factor. Also feels like paying for playoff experience when it’s like.. right, and now he’s in Anaheim, so how relevant will that be..? Same sorta thing with O’Reilly in Nashville. Yay, we got a leader (who just took the highest salary and doesn’t care if it’s a mediocre team!)
The Ducks need veteran help on D, badly. We also lack anyone in the back end with any sort of bite.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He hardly impressed any of the other rounds either. Relied on the second rulebook for his "defense".
Bruins didn’t impress much in the post season that’s why Florida sent your overrated team packing.

Horrible contract for this meathead. His performance in the final was one of the worst I've ever seen. Maybe next season he stops looking to make big hits and plays his damn position. Extremely DUMB player.
Well his performance against the Leafs has all of you screaming and crying and that’s honestly enough for me.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

He hardly impressed any of the other rounds either. Relied on the second rulebook for his "defense".

You know y’all are stating the reasons the Ducks brought him in right? He’s not expected to suddenly transform the worst defense probably ever into contention, he’s supposed to provide resistance, leadership and that asshole mentality. It was a perfect signing for the softest and worst defense in nhl history.

Cap hit and term coincide with Fowler’s and the elite prospects ELCs expiring. Meaning the Ducks get like $10.5M coming off the books in 3 years and have that space to pay wherever they deem fit. Not sure what could’ve made this signing more perfect outside of maybe 2 years instead of 3, but then it’s likely the Ducks’ don’t acquire him because they are not a destination at this point. Shitty teams have to overpay.

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
And when the goalie cooled off, the Panthers looked the dog shit bubble team they were for most of the year (and their existence if we're being honest)
Disaster contract for a terrible player. Gudas blows.

Bahahahaha
I love when the uneducated fringe fans come on to cry. Know nothing about the Panthers, their history, or Gudas and what he added to the team and will do for the Ducks.

Reactions: Czechboy

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
And when the goalie cooled off, the Panthers looked the dog shit bubble team they were for most of the year (and their existence if we're being honest)
The team was not the same in front of him. But I can see how you wouldn’t be able to see that with the tears in your eyes from round one. You will go down as the biggest choke job of all time. Congrats on history!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

And you choked a 3-1 series lead to that "dog shit bubble team" :laugh:

radko-gudas-yells-at-justin-woll-after-the-ot-goal-v0-txo5t0ud1lza1.jpg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks have the deepest D prospect pool in the league. Need physical stop gap veteran D to get those prospects from NHL ready to making a full impact. They need support.

Gudas fits that bill to a tee. But I hope he is more for the bottom pairing or worst case , 2nd pairing with Drysdale. Not sure if he can play on the left side or not. His style would really help complement Drysdale’s game. He cannot be a top pairing guy.

IMHO, Ducks still need to add a legit Top 4D if they are going to have a fair chance to get out the cellar next season. Could be another 1-2 years before some of their D prospects are ready to make a full impact in the NHL.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ducks have the deepest D prospect pool in the league. Need physical stop gap veteran D to get those prospects from NHL ready to making a full impact. They need support.

Gudas fits that bill to a tee. But I hope he is more for the bottom pairing or worst case , 2nd pairing with Drysdale. Not sure if he can play on the left side or not. His style would really help complement Drysdale’s game. He cannot be a top pairing guy.

IMHO, Ducks still need to add a legit Top 4D if they are going to have a fair chance to get out the cellar next season. Could be another 1-2 years before some of their D prospects are ready to make a full impact in the NHL.

Gudas and Drysdale are the only two right shot D on the roster currently, so highly unlikely to see them paired as it stands.

Based on what's there now, Gudas is the most suitable partner we have to play beside Fowler at 5on5. It's not an ideal spot to have him (top pairing) but I do think him and Cam are nearly perfect opposites enough to make it work in terms of covering each other's deficiencies. Hopefully we see enough from the other D that we don't have to lean on them quite as much as a true top pairing.

Fowler - Gudas
______ - Drysdale
Lacombe - Hagg/Helleson/White

Fill in the blank with the steadiest veteran defensive/PK guy available, still thinking Forbort if the B's are going to need to shed some cap space.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
We have a pretty rich history of players who own extensive real estate under the collective skin of opposing fans. Zegras is carrying too much of that burden right now, Gudas will be a big help.
Gudas specialty is hitting and committing infractions that go uncalled. However once the refs call penalties, that takes away Gudas entire skillset. He needs to play on the edge to be effective and thats why he was completely useless in the finals. They wouldn't let him get away with the crap he did in rounds 1-3. The gudas highlights from the finals were getting laid out by Barbashev, ragdolled by Eichel in a scrum, setting up Vegas with 2on1's after his many missed hits, and then injured lol. It has to go down as one of the worst defensive performances in cup finals history. Good luck. I predict the ducks will buyout his contract after 1 season.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Gudas specialty is hitting and committing infractions that go uncalled. However once the refs call penalties, that takes away Gudas entire skillset. He needs to play on the edge to be effective and thats why he was completely useless in the finals. They wouldn't let him get away with the crap he did in rounds 1-3. The gudas highlights from the finals were getting laid out by Barbashev, ragdolled by Eichel in a scrum, setting up Vegas with 2on1's after his many missed hits, and then injured lol. It has to go down as one of the worst defensive performances in cup finals history. Good luck. I predict the ducks will buyout his contract after 1 season.

^ See what I mean, he has opposing fans writing paragraphs like these when all they really need to say is "I hate this guy and he lives under my skin".

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lmao! Dude is rent free in your head, worst part about losing him is how hilarious it Is watching him piss off opposing fans.

He had a high ankle sprain, the whole team was injured, still we’re about to embarrass Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad