Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] D Radko Gudas signs with the Ducks (3 years, $4M AAV)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Ducks desperately needed somebody to bring an ounce of sandpaper.
Yep... maybe a little high on the money ... but honestly were kinda in the same spot as Chicago, where we can over pay a player a bit if it fills a need. 3 years isnt bad... hell be able to help the young guys as they come up.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
273998.webp

Will always remember Radko with the hit that wasn’t.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You kept hate watching after Gudas and the Panthers sent your record setting team of chokers to the golf course? :laugh:

Nice attempt. Gudas' entire level of effectiveness was depending on whistles away holding/interference. Quickly rendered invisible in the Vegas series when the standards shifted away from enablement.

Did very well for himself with this final contract. Perfect storm of a situation for his wallet.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Nice attempt. Gudas' entire level of effectiveness was depending on whistles away holding/interference. Quickly rendered invisible in the Vegas series when the standards shifted away from enablement.

Did very well for himself with this final contract. Perfect storm of a situation for his wallet.

Gudas got hurt and lost his effectiveness not exposed from made up in your head lol "standards shift"... lmfao @PatriceBergeronFan 🤣

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
It's ok if you think that. As a ducks fan. I welcome that with open arms. After our young's guys had no protection last year

I get it, I’m sure I would like him on my team. Since he is not, there is no face I want to see get caved from a flurry of punches - more than his.

Reactions: CrazyDuck4u

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Ducks fans don’t listen to the clowns that have no clue about Gudas. Very serviceable Panther. You’re going to love him lining up dudes with clean but hard hits. Gudas teeters on that line of dirty but he rarely ever crosses it. He is an absolute pain in the ass and a GREAT teammate. All these goofs that say he can’t play are out to lunch. The guy is a legitimate bottom pair guy who can fill in occasionally into the top 4 (but don’t keep him there permanently). He’s grown a lot since his Tampa days. Yes he has the occasional dumb ass penalty but he stands up for his teammates. Sometimes he gets out of position for a big hit but it’s not really often.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I mean I get it, he's a unique player in this day and age. But I don't know how he's gonna affect the Ducks that much. He would have been better on a contender but you cannot refuse that kind of money. lol

Reactions: olli

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Guy gets hit once and put on his bacl and now he's not as physical as Barbashev? gtfo
Totally. The guy would probably breathe fire if he didn't have that beard, and his toughness would be welcome on most clubs. Contending teams that lack toughness wouldn't be crying about a slight overpay if they had him. I'm sure GM's are trying to dissect why the Panthers crap on paper D wasn't that bad in the playoff run. The LBOH probably felt Gudas was a big reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad