Proposal: Ana cleaning house

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When do Ducks fans think the rebuild is over/time to contend for a cup is? My view of their timeline is dimmer than what I'm seeing in this thread from their fans.
I think a lot depends on what happens at deadline/draft.

We have a lot of depth players... and what were really lacking is elite talent.

I dont think were far off... but we do need to replace the ryan/getz/perry type players.

I think were fine in net for the future, and i think our defense is pretty solid going forward... but we def need some more talent surrounding zegras... hopefully perrault, comtois, terry, steel, lundy, jones and tracey can provide some of it.

I hope we can use rakell to grab another good forward prospect or RHD prospect to go behind drysdale.

The other thing we have going for us, is our cap situation should be pretty good in a year or 2 ... and we may be able to make a bid for a bigger free agent... or at least fill voids that may be empty at that point in time.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim really missed the boat on trading Manson. Should have pulled the trigger years ago at peak value. This fall he'll be 30 with 1 year left on his deal coming off of multiple poor seasons.
I agree... cant see us getting a 1st or good prospect for him now... unless we were to get creative and take a cap dump and possibly retain a bit.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Do you think the Ducks would do something like:

1st

One of Brook or Harris (lefty but plays RD)

Armia (ufa, cap purposes. Can be flipped at the deadline, probably for a 2nd +)

For

Rakell at 50%

No interest at all in Brook or Harris. They would fall into that plethora of bottom 4 potential defensemen that the Ducks have.
And I feel like Rakell at 50% deserves a better prospect, especially considering the 1st will probably be in the 20s.

When do Ducks fans think the rebuild is over/time to contend for a cup is? My view of their timeline is dimmer than what I'm seeing in this thread from their fans.

In theory, they are not that far off.

Lets say the Ducks get a top 5 pick this year and are able to trade Rakell and Manson this deadline.
That probably set the Ducks up for another top 5 pick next year.

Zegras, Drysdale and 2 top 5 picks are good building blocks when you add it to what they already have (Gibson, Lindholm, Fowler, and the young forwards that should be stepping into solid second line roles in Comtois Steel and Terry).
Assuming they get another potential top line forward from one of those 2 picks, I think the Ducks will be in a good position to compete from there on out.

So this year and next year, then start pushing for the playoffs.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Anaheim really missed the boat on trading Manson. Should have pulled the trigger years ago at peak value. This fall he'll be 30 with 1 year left on his deal coming off of multiple poor seasons.

Of course they would have gotten more, but the Ducks wouldn't be looking to trade him if his play had stayed where is was 3 years ago.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Of course they would have gotten more, but the Ducks wouldn't be looking to trade him if his play had stayed where is was 3 years ago.
The problem is his play was clearly trending down after his big season(was also hard carried by lindholm) .

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Another top 3 defensemen signed long term.
Seriously though, Cam is the only top 4 defensemen signed longer then next year. If they lose Hampus and they trade Fowler then they are going to be screwed after next year.

He isn’t available.

Even if he was, he would be way more valuable to a lot more teams post expansion draft.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manson would be a perfect Niskanen replacement in Philly. Problem is we cant offer too much since we'd have to expose him in Expansion.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The problem is his play was clearly trending down after his big season(was also hard carried by lindholm) .

Anyone who thought he was a top pairing defensemen on his own was crazy. But I don't think it is fair to say he was carried by Hampus. Manson was a perfect partner for him (similar to how Hawk has been for Cam this season). Manson is a second pairing guy. He was a high end second pairing guy before. Now he is on the lower end. That still has value. Especially for a team looking for a physical presence.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I don’t know how much of an upgrade he would but he would definitely add an element the Flyers d doesn’t have now. Size and toughness.

Maybe send Braun back west with a draft pick.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:ducks
Sam Bennett - $2,550,000 x 1, RFA
2021 1st
Oliver Kylington - $787,500 x 1, RFA

:flames
Rickard Rakell (50% retention) - $1,894,722 x 2 (UFA after next year)
Jani Hakanpaa - $750,000 x 1, UFA

Flames make some space in case of another transaction they want to make at the deadline (assuming they're still in the race). The 2021 1st helps the Ducks' rebuild, and the Flames grab an upgraded forward on a bargain of a deal, and take a chance on Sam Bennett (who would likely do better elsewhere). Kylington Hakanpaa are swapped so that the Flames have a hard-nosed D that can come in as a bottom pairing defender to play with either Nesterov or Valimaki (in case someone else goes down). If Kylington is given ice time, he could potentially be a steal for the Ducks. If not, he is already a guy that can be sent onto the taxi squad, and if the Kraken do so wish to pick him (doubt it), then no harm or foul for the Ducks.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
:ducks
Sam Bennett - $2,550,000 x 1, RFA
2021 1st
Oliver Kylington - $787,500 x 1, RFA

:flames
Rickard Rakell (50% retention) - $1,894,722 x 2 (UFA after next year)
Jani Hakanpaa - $750,000 x 1, UFA

Flames make some space in case of another transaction they want to make at the deadline (assuming they're still in the race). The 2021 1st helps the Ducks' rebuild, and the Flames grab an upgraded forward on a bargain of a deal, and take a chance on Sam Bennett (who would likely do better elsewhere). Kylington Hakanpaa are swapped so that the Flames have a hard-nosed D that can come in as a bottom pairing defender to play with either Nesterov or Valimaki (in case someone else goes down). If Kylington is given ice time, he could potentially be a steal for the Ducks. If not, he is already a guy that can be sent onto the taxi squad, and if the Kraken do so wish to pick him (doubt it), then no harm or foul for the Ducks.

No interest in moving Hawk. Really hoping the Ducks resign him and if they don’t I would take a shot that they can resign him after the draft.

I have been I favor of Bennett +1st for Rakell but most Ducks fans are not interested in Bennett.

Reactions: CraigsList

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
No interest in moving Hawk. Really hoping the Ducks resign him and if they don’t I would take a shot that they can resign him after the draft.

I have been I favor of Bennett +1st for Rakell but most Ducks fans are not interested in Bennett.
That’s fair. Perhaps you could get a 1st and then more by flipping Sam to Toronto or Colorado for a top end prospect.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Fowler isn’t available. If they trade him him and Lindholm leave next year they they are f***ed.

Steel and Jones are still young and shouldn’t be moved in a rebuild.
The point is to tank 3 more years and get connor bedard. So dumping fowler, lindholm and gibson makes sense from a retool perspective.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Probably not. Although I imagine if Gibson gets moved it’s for a lot less than what ANA fans think.
One of those vicious cycles
Can’t imagine Gibson being moved for anything other than a staggering return
But goalies don’t tend to get that. So a well priced goalie as good as Gibson likely stays

Reactions: Gurglesons

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I saw something "rumorlike" that Gibson wants out, any truth to this or just random hockeybull?

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I'd gladly give up a 1st + prospect/2nd + Byron(cap) for Rakell @50% if thats all he's gonna cost us. I'd be pretty happy with that move.

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Rakell - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia

Reactions: Getz2noone

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I saw something "rumorlike" that Gibson wants out, any truth to this or just random hockeybull?

Random hockey BS. Not even a legit source. It said Gibson and his agent have expressed some concern with the direction of Anaheim. Nothing about him wanting out. I mean it’s been only two years of re-building, and with two potential Top line/pairing players knocking on the door of the NHL, among others. Gibson should be a little patient and I’m sure he is.

Ducks still need to go after another Top line scorer, preferably a 1C and they will have the cap this summer and next to sign someone, and also have the player depth to package for a bigger trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad