Proposal: Ana cleaning house

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd gladly give up a 1st + prospect/2nd + Byron(cap) for Rakell @50% if thats all he's gonna cost us. I'd be pretty happy with that move.

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Rakell - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia
Prob a little more expensive if we’re taking cap and retaining

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'd gladly give up a 1st + prospect/2nd + Byron(cap) for Rakell @50% if thats all he's gonna cost us. I'd be pretty happy with that move.

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Rakell - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia

In terms of offers we've seen around here, this is fairly weak. The 1st + 2nd/prospect might be competitive with other offers, but not if you're also expecting the Ducks to eat over 12M in unwanted salary between Byron and retention.

Paying Byron more than Rakell next year and being stuck with him an extra year is highly undesirable for Anaheim. You're offer doesn't reflect that at all.

Rakell is likely worth about a 1st + 2nd/prospect (or more) on his own. If you expect 50% retention and want to tack on a bad contract that runs longer than Rakell's, you definitely need to add significant value. Whatever Rakell is deemed to be worth, the financial considerations you are requesting would require an additional 1st round pick or something in that neighborhood. You're asking the Ducks to eat waaaaay more money than they would be willing to unless highly incentivized.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Maybe. Then again Anaheim is like PIT they’re fine buying in when the team is contending, but with how their seasons have gone over the last couple you gotta imagine they want to dump real dollars if they fall out of a playoff spot.

Lol I think they have plenty of other contracts they can dump if they want to save money, without having to move their franchise talent who is signed to very reasonable long term deal. Not a very compelling argument.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's putting it lightly. It would be 12M in unwanted salary (about 9M left on Byron's deal and retention would be about 3M), that's gotta cost a team a 1st.
I didn’t even look at byrons contract just saying it’s more expensive if we take a cap dumps and retain

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
In terms of offers we've seen around here, this is fairly weak. The 1st + 2nd/prospect might be competitive with other offers, but not if you're also expecting the Ducks to eat over 12M in unwanted salary between Byron and retention.

Paying Byron more than Rakell next year and being stuck with him an extra year is highly undesirable for Anaheim. You're offer doesn't reflect that at all.

Rakell is likely worth about a 1st + 2nd/prospect (or more) on his own. If you expect 50% retention and want to tack on a bad contract that runs longer than Rakell's, you definitely need to add significant value. Whatever Rakell is deemed to be worth, the financial considerations you are requesting would require an additional 1st round pick or something in that neighborhood. You're asking the Ducks to eat waaaaay more money than they would be willing to unless highly incentivized.

Fair enough. Anyway, ignore the 50% retention and i'd still do it and they gain the same salary.
Just sayin that yeah, 1st and 2nd for Rakell? Sign me up. I doubt you guys get anything less than that.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Remove Fowler, Silfverberg, and Steel.

I could see Silfverberg being traded for the right price.

If I have to tier how available the players on the Ducks should be it would be like this:

A:
Manson
Rakell
Hutton

B:
Henrique
Silfverberg
Heinen
Deslauriers
Hakanpaa

Trading Steel or Jones makes no sense, and Fowler is not an option because of the reason I gave earlier in the thread.

Reactions: Getz2noone

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012

If I have to tier how available the players on the Ducks should be it would be like this:

A:
Manson
Rakell
Hutton

B:
Henrique
Silfverberg
Heinen
Deslauriers
Hakanpaa

Trading Steel or Jones makes no sense, and Fowler is not an option because of the reason I gave earlier in the thread.

I could see Silfverberg being traded for an overpayment, in my opinion.

Jones I’m personally fine moving on from but I feel Steel has too much potential.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Jones I’m personally fine moving on from but I feel Steel has too much potential.

Whats the point in trading Jones? He isn't going to bring back a good asset by himself. He is still on his ELC and his next contract will be about the same cost.
I would rather keep him on the chance something happens then get a 4th round pick back for him. Of course I would take a 2nd for him, but that isnt going to happen.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Lindholm?

Should not be moving Lindholm until next year if/when they can't get him signed long term. Simply can't count on being able to replace/replicate his defensive value at any point in the foreseeable future. The team has an abundance of cap space after this year, the plan should be to lock Lindholm into an extension.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Whats the point in trading Jones? He isn't going to bring back a good asset by himself. He is still on his ELC and his next contract will be about the same cost.
I would rather keep him on the chance something happens then get a 4th round pick back for him. Of course I would take a 2nd for him, but that isnt going to happen.

Jones value at this point is that he's a cheap NHL ready player. Most likely he would be part of a bigger deal where he could add value (i.e., as a replacement forward for a player coming back to Anaheim). There is no reason to sell low unless its to avoid expansion issues and/or to free up time for another player.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Jones value at this point is that he's a cheap NHL ready player. Most likely he would be part of a bigger deal where he could add value (i.e., as a replacement forward for a player coming back to Anaheim). There is no reason to sell low unless its to avoid expansion issues and/or to free up time for another player.

Agreed. I can 100% see him being included in a package. Not just for a pick/prospect though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know i'm in the minority , but i wouldnt mind having Nicolas Deslauriers back with the Habs.I'm getting tired of being run over by other teams .
I think deslauries is a good 4th liner... he surprisingly has a pretty good shot... and hes as tough of a person youll find in the NHL. I think anaheim prob holds on to him tho... just as protection for all the young kids we got coming in and out of the line up.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I think deslauries is a good 4th liner... he surprisingly has a pretty good shot... and hes as tough of a person youll find in the NHL. I think anaheim prob holds on to him tho... just as protection for all the young kids we got coming in and out of the line up.

That's why i would like to have it back . KK hasnt been the same player since he's been run over by Dubé.

plus add Armia and Evans on that list

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
I just chuckle thinking how Chiarellis Koskinen deal is looking okay except they can't ship the man to Anaheim with some picks and for Gibson.

HockeyShack

Feb 18, 2005
Would like to see Getzlaf traded somewhere where he can chase a cup this year, then re-sign in the offseason with Anaheim 1 year at a time like Teemu until he is done playing.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would like to see Getzlaf traded somewhere where he can chase a cup this year, then re-sign in the offseason with Anaheim 1 year at a time like Teemu until he is done playing.
Would be cool, and ultimately would be his choice if he wanted to chase a cup the team would send him where ever.

But it really doesn’t seem like something he’s interested in, I think he’s happy staying in Orange County and being a life long duck

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Any idea what the "right price" for Silf would be?

Say, from the Oilers?

A lot depends how much salary the Ducks would be willing to take back. He's an ideal player for a playoff contender to acquire, except for that dang contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad