Proposal: Ana cleaning house

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Cost on Steel?

I really don't know why OP included Steel, I highly doubt he's someone the Ducks are shopping around. No reason to move him unless part of a package for a better and more established young player. May have been part of their offer for Dubois for example. But he's still on his ELC next year and the Ducks are in a rebuild, not seeing any particular reason they'd be looking to move him.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Off topic but where is Zegras? Ducks need some offensive help. He would give you guys that. A player that dominated like he did at the WJC is likely ready for the NHL.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Off topic but where is Zegras? Ducks need some offensive help. He would give you guys that. A player that dominated like he did at the WJC is likely ready for the NHL.

Zegras is starting in the AHL and had a nice set of games last weekend. Having him start in the minors probably isn't a bad thing, probably will be a bit of a learning curve with the defensive side of the game but I'm sure he'll get a call up soon enough.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Rakell - Has been playing much better this year but not rewarded for it. Seems to have developed chemistry with Comtois. Available but the ducks can wait until next year if they want. Even if they wait, he likely still gets a first round pick next year if traded at the deadline or in the offseason. Given the quarantine rules and all the teams with cap issues - all of which make it tought to make a trade - it might be better to wait.

Fowler - not likely to be traded. Aside from the fact the ducks are thin on veteran defense, Fowler can only be traded to 4 teams he picks. Hard to trade. And I think they want him around to mentor Drysdale and as a hedge against Lindholm leaving.

Silf - has been a bit disappointing this year, but he contributes in a lot of ways that are not obvious. Incredibly versatile and a streaky goal scorer. Ducks management seems to love him and he's a bit overpaid. But certainly available in the right deal.

Henrique - clearly available. He's struggled this year and the contract is starting to look bad. Not sure what he'd return.

Steel - not available unless its for an elite young player (for example, as part of a package to get PLD before he was traded).

Jones - available in the right deal. He's adequate and brings good energy, but easily replaceable since the ducks have logjam of bottom 6 forwards.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Fowler isn’t available. If they trade him him and Lindholm leave next year they they are f***ed.

Steel and Jones are still young and shouldn’t be moved in a rebuild.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I don't think Ducks fans would go for that based on my conversations in other threads. I think they'd want more. Unless they thought that first would end up in the top 15 but I doubt Calgary trades it if they thought that.
I think that's the rub here.
If the pick were guaranteed to be in the lottery, it becomes much more attractive.

Sam Bennett and 22nd OA isn't that appealing.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So Anaheim moves into a playoff spot tonight, I don't think "cleaning house" is on the agenda at the moment.

The team is fighting hard and gives a crap and if they were able to score just a few more goals, not even a ton just a few, they’d easily have a few more wins. Anaheim needs to add scoring not clean house. I think they will keep Rakell around who has found excellent chemistry with Max Comtois and had played very well just has been snake bitten as hell.

They were big on Dubois but didn’t want to part with Zegras or a Drysdale type player. I think there will be more big fish available either trade or FA, and they will have the cap to go after those type player by this summer. A team going after a 1C like that, doesn’t seem to be cleaning house, imo.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Anaheim would be morons to take that terrible offer. That’s two of their better players 50% retained for Toronto’s spare parts, a B+ interesting young player and a low round 1 pick. Toronto ripping the Ducks face off.
Its their right to decline but i dont do that move.

Thats our 1st, late or not a 1st is a 1st. Robertson is a very good prospect, Liljegren is a great prospect too but not at his level. Kerfoot is our 3C and Dermott is a contributing young Dman. I guess you could call those 2 "spare parts" as they are expendable but they arent valuless.

a 1st+Liljegren is probably in line for Rakell but I dont trade Robertson for Manson. I like Manson but he isnt a huge need and isnt the type of player to command a top prospect especially with limited term (they both expire next year).

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Its their right to decline but i dont do that move.

Thats our 1st, late or not a 1st is a 1st. Robertson is a very good prospect, Liljegren is a great prospect too but not at his level. Kerfoot is our 3C and Dermott is a contributing young Dman. I guess you could call those 2 "spare parts" as they are expendable but they arent valuless.

a 1st+Liljegren is probably in line for Rakell but I dont trade Robertson for Manson. I like Manson but he isnt a huge need and isnt the type of player to command a top prospect especially with limited term (they both expire next year).
Nonsense. A low first isn’t “a first”. It’s a low first and carries significantly less value than a first in the lottery. And Liljegren is spare parts. Kerfoot is definitely spare parts. Neither one of them carry much value. Kerfoot almost none. Dermott doesn’t carry a lot of value either. These are just throw in pieces to any large deal.

here you go for a counter Rackell and Manson at 50% retention for Nylander and Dermott.

Toronto has zero “great” prospects. You’ve got two good prospects in Sandin and Robertson. Liljegren is a meh prospect.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Nonsense. A low first isn’t “a first”. It’s a low first and carries significantly less value than a first in the lottery. And Liljegren is spare parts. Kerfoot is definitely spare parts. Neither one of them carry much value. Kerfoot almost none. Dermott doesn’t carry a lot of value either. These are just throw in pieces to any large deal.

here you go for a counter Rackell and Manson at 50% retention for Nylander and Dermott.

Toronto has zero “great” prospects. You’ve got two good prospects in Sandin and Robertson. Liljegren is a meh prospect.
Well duh. its still a draft pick in the 1st round though.

"great" "good" "meh" prospects are all semantics. label them however. the value still stands.

Liljegren is not part of the spare parts. he is a valuable prospect, that i would value higher than our 1st.

I honestly dont think Manson is of any interest. There are rumors we are looking for a top 6 wing, so Rakell makes sense. And your counter doesnt make any sense, teams trying to contend move futures for players, not trade a core player in that deal. we are trying to add complimentary pieces to a very good core.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Manson would fit nicely on the Jets right side and would greatly help for the playoffs but then poses an expansion problem because Jets need to protect 7 forwards.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I know he’s probably not available... but the price of Comtois? He was so beastly for the Gulls last season. I’ve always said that the Oilers need forward prospects and should trade their D prospects for one (the Condors are offensively inept).

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Rakell (50% Ret) & Deslauriers
For
Liljigren, Engvall & 1st

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - Tavares - Rakell
Thornton - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Deslauriers - Boyd - Spezza

then...

Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Thornton - Boyd - Spezza

I've posted the same offer...

To Anaheim
Engvall
Liljegren
2021 1st round pick

To Toronto
Rackell (50% retained)

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I think you misspelled Sandin.

A late 1st and junk for 50% of Rakell is a garbage offer.

I'd probably do Engvall, Sandin and a 2021 1st. For Rackell at 50%.

Fare enough. Nice doing business with you.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Rackell-Tavares-Nylander

I hate losing Sandin, but by the looks of it I think our top 4 of Reilly, Brodie, Muzzin and Holl is set for a little while, so it's tough for Sandin to get there.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I know he’s probably not available... but the price of Comtois? He was so beastly for the Gulls last season. I’ve always said that the Oilers need forward prospects and should trade their D prospects for one (the Condors are offensively inept).

Comtois is likely an NHL'er now and not going back to minors. He's leading the Ducks in goals and (I think) points this season (I know, not saying much). Basically what the Ducks are lacking are top line talent and if Comtois can keep up the goal scoring, he can hopefully be a complimentary, low end 1st liner. Most of the young guys won't be traded for a reasonable price unless it's part of a package for a young top line player (like he might have been available/part of the package for PLD). I don't think Edmonton really has anyone available that fits that.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Comtois is likely an NHL'er now and not going back to minors. He's leading the Ducks in goals and (I think) points this season (I know, not saying much). Basically what the Ducks are lacking are top line talent and if Comtois can keep up the goal scoring, he can hopefully be a complimentary, low end 1st liner. Most of the young guys won't be traded for a reasonable price unless it's part of a package for a young top line player (like he might have been available/part of the package for PLD). I don't think Edmonton really has anyone available that fits that.

I think the Ducks are stacked at forward prospects from Jones/Steel/Terry/Comtois/Zegras/Perreault/Lundestrom but other than Drysdale and Mahura... are pretty light on D.

Oilers are the opposite.. stacked with D prospects Broberg/Bouchard/Samorukov/Bear/Lagesson/Jones/Kemp (and lost Marino to the Pens because he wouldn't sign). At forward we only have Holloway (1.92 PPG in the NCAA) and Savoie really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad