Confirmed Trade: [ANA/BOS] Danton Heinen for Nick Ritchie

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Heinen is hockey Celery. Decent defensively, but not that great offensively. Don't look for him to throw a hit or get involved in a scrum or anything.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I like this a lot for Boston. That size and physicality will come in handy during a 7 game series.

Also, Boston has a great culture and it's a great place for any young player to grow and get better. Especially a guy like Ritchie who's style of play will fit in and be welcomed. I expect this to end up being a very nice under the radar acquisition.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
On Heinen...

A totally solid NHLer. He looked like he could be more when he put up 47 points from the 3rd line as a rookie. But, he never built on that. And he is the whipping boy for Bruins fans because instead of becoming a 55-60 point guy, he became a 30 point guy.

He is a defensively minded 3rd liner who isn't physically gifted. He is smart and has a good stick. He is extremely versatile. When they throw him on the 1st line when Pasta was out he was PPG. He can fit playing with anyone. He can fit with anyone, but he doesn't add much to the line beyond making the smart play. So if you throw him with Marchand and Bergeron, he will put up points getting touches on the cycle, but he will never drive the play.

Basically, he is that first guy off the bench for your baseball team that can play in any position and not screw up...but he is always going to be batting in the lower 3rd of your lineup.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ritchie brings physicality but he's not good at anything else

heinen seems to be the better player all around. i like this for the ducks

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Good trade for the Ducks, IMO. Heinen is criminally underrated. He is having a a rough season but hes been a pretty consistent 40 point guy who is excellent defensively. He is expendable, though, since the Bruins have a ton of left shot wingers. It does save the Bruins $1m so that's cool, I guess.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Big dumb Nick is the kind of guy you're happy you have when a game gets nasty.. The rest of the time he's taking stupid penalties. He will be missed.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Two players in the doghouse with their former teams traded for a change of scenery. May or may not work, but nothing to lose sleep over either way. I'd call it a win for Boston unless Heinen really takes off on Anaheim cause the Bruins save 1.3 million with this trade, which they use to resign Krug, etc.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Ritchie can hit hard and is decent around the net but man is he stupid

Like the trade for the ducks

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Bruins fans gave Heinen the Blake Wheeler treatment.

This is a brutal trade. Danton has so much upside. He's got a great shot, good vision, very coachable. He just needs some confidence.

My guess is that the Bruins did this because they think Ritchie can play on the 4th line in the playoffs better than Heinen.

I'll reserve judgement on Ritchie because he's a big guy with some talent and a cheap contract but I think this is a great trade for the Ducks.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Ritchie has never impressed me. Mostly just a meat head. Heinen at least skates well and plays good defense.

Maybe he'll fit in there with the Bruins. I guess they could use some beef in their bottom 6.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Bruins fans gave Heinen the Blake Wheeler treatment.

This is a brutal trade. Danton has so much upside. He's got a great shot, good vision, very coachable. He just needs some confidence.

My guess is that the Bruins did this because they think Ritchie can play on the 4th line in the playoffs better than Heinen.

I'll reserve judgement on Ritchie because he's a big guy with some talent and a cheap contract but I think this is a great trade for the Ducks.

to say he has “so much upside” is absurd. One of the softest players in the NHL. He’s a current third liner who will most likely stay a third liner. I think a career 30-50 point player. Not built for the playoffs. Love this deal for Boston especially when you look how tough Washington is.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Big win for the Bruins here, Ritchie brings what they are looking for. And Ritchie has a tendency to float and not always bring it, but a trade could really shake his head up esp on such a serious Cup run team like the Bruins right now

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Enjoy Ritchie taking a stupid 2 minute minor in the 3rd period of a close playoff game. Guy has some amount of skill and grit, but might be the dumbest hockey player I have ever watched. He seems to be getting better, but I am not sure to what level you can coach stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad