Confirmed Trade: [ANA/BOS] Danton Heinen for Nick Ritchie

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Why did Boston do this?

Heinen is soft and has been scratched recently due to not performing and his compete level. Most Boston fans are sick of him and wanted him gone. Bruins wanted to add toughness to a not tough roster.

Reactions: Scruffy

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thick Nick will add some toughness to the Bruins who are far removed from the Big Bad Bruins days.

I’ve seen Ritchie a fair amount with the Ducks being a Pacific foe. I like this pick up for Boston.

Clearly needed some physical forwards up front to compete with the Capitals in the playoffs.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Not sure I like this for either team haha Ritchie has the most upside. Interested to see where he slots in.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thick Nick will add some toughness to the Bruins who are far removed from the Big Bad Bruins days.

I’ve seen Ritchie a fair amount with the Ducks being a Pacific foe. I like this pick up for Boston.

Clearly needed some physical forwards up front to compete with the Capitals in the playoffs.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I proposed Ritchie to Boston... months ago.

But it was a stupid blockbuster deal where I was sort of wrong, but it was part of the Backes proposal.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Posted a couple days ago that I saw a Ritchie trade coming, just had a feeling he had fallen out of favor with Murray. I don't like the idea of moving him though, just seemed like he was find his game.

This move certainly makes little sense to me, as I don't see the need for a guy like Heinen who will never really move the needle.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Good trade for both teams. But 2 things

i feel really bad for Heinen who goes from the Penthouse to the outhouse and....

Ritchis is so friggen lazy and has that stupid look on his face. He is a really good playoff pick up though if he works hard.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
For those that arent aware

Troy terry and Danton Heinan played together in Denver , half way through the season they realized they had something in terry and they moved him with Heinan

this trade is familiarity with the two.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Heinen seems to have more offensive upside than Ritchie. Ducks need offense desperately.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
What the hell is Anaheim doing?

Honestly Boston is so well run and I f***ing hate it. I wish I was born a Boston fan, easiest gig in the world of sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad