An Unlikely Path

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Goal
Totals w giraffe , vo , ass kicked wake up call , mr hat.

Its over 80 plus goals difference this year to last year. Thats one third our output and ukka is amazing considering we arent in last and have a positive goal differential for the season

Btw , i we had HALF that productive. Just half we woul

Real world reason. Heard thinson

Reactions: DapperCam

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Goal
Totals w giraffe , vo , ass kicked wake up call , mr hat.

Its over 80 plus goals difference this year to last year. Thats one third our output and ukka is amazing considering we arent in last and have a positive goal differential for the season

Btw , i we had HALF that productive. Just half we woul

Real world reason. Heard Thompson hurt fract hand
Cozens took half a season to regain his fearlessness ( almost).
Hope he runs towards fighting same dude thaf lined him up. I bet if hes not cocky he holds his own and gets back on that 80 plus point trajectory hit more regains yr bad ass get up mentality without roids. We believe i. You your fault kevyn

My fault I should've stayed away from games but not. They should muscle puck if shots ate glued to goalies stick or posta.

Vo ? Plus minus. Play without fear or go. Finish checks. All 4. Tuch , cozens , vo and Thompson , lead team finish all checks. From game twenty on if your not top ten in points.

Nhl can F w you otherwise.

Sabres top in post and cross bars hit. Thru first 50 games.
Regression to worst shooting % inleague fluctuating to bottom three 29th. this year falling from range of. top 15 to top ten last year. The four above had epic 30 to 40 % drop off from last year

JJ peterka , quinn missing needs less strength training and more flex like federer. # 9 certainly picked up slack. Ostlund makes team. Trade for a top 6 forward equivalent to bo byram For power forward. We roll
Like bills even w league screwing w us every game

Donny to be or not to be. Hire ruff as asst. Hire another asst as power play former head coach. Donny runs three ring circus if they have rings. Run gun w snarl.

OH WAIT. Not golfing yet. Well FOOK IT win ten. Upl

Ten shutout streak. LETS GO NOW

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
At this point, for the good of the franchise, I think you need a meh finish. The strong finish last year deluded management to start a college goalie and run back the same forward group despite the
Obvious issues. They haven’t shown the ability to critically analyze the entire season but simply will go with whatever taste is left in their mouth over the last 10-15 games to plan the offseason. The playoffs aren’t a reality. And even if everything breaks perfect and we get in, we are getting demolished by any of the top 4 teams in the conference.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
as I suspected, the Caps were going to be the problem team. Their "gauntlet" has not been that hard for them

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
They've outperformed my expectation. Full marks to them.

We still have 2 games against them though. Hoping they regress to the mean.
Washington is an enigma this season.
-24 5v5 goal differential (29th)
25-29th in every advanced stat at 5v5
17th at the PP
18th at the PK
PDO isn't even high: .996 21st

The stats say they suck. They haven't looked good when I've seen them. But they keep squeaking out wins anyway.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
If the Sabres win their remaining 8 games they will finish with 91 points.

If the Caps finish 5-5-0 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Red Wings finish 6–3-0 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Islanders finish 7-3-0 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Devils finish 7-0-1 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Penguins finish 8-1-1 they will finish with 91 points.

Unless the Sabres end with a bunch of shoot out wins, I think they would have the tie breaker over everyone except the Devils. So there you go, there’s your < 1% chance…

The teams in contention for the last wild card spot are super weak this year. Definitely a missed opportunity to break the drought.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If the Sabres win their remaining 8 games they will finish with 91 points.

If the Caps finish 5-5-0 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Red Wings finish 6–3-0 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Islanders finish 7-3-0 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Devils finish 7-0-1 they will finish with 91 points.

If the Penguins finish 8-1-1 they will finish with 91 points.

Unless the Sabres end with a bunch of shoot out wins, I think they would have the tie breaker over everyone except the Devils. So there you go, there’s your < 1% chance…

The teams in contention for the last wild card spot are super weak this year. Definitely a missed opportunity to break the drought.

giphy.gif

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Wow, 4 teams within 2 points of each other for the last wild card spot.

We are 6 points out, so yeah, two more wins would have had us right in it.

I guess like it or not the current points set up is working exactly how the league wants. Plenty of teams still in it this close to the end of the season.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
In leagues with 80+ games I don’t think teams are a bounce, or a call, or a game away. Surely sometimes a team get lucky or unlucky, but more often than not I think teams fall short more often than they show up and that’s why they miss.

There are too many opportunities across 82 games to pick a moment or two. If Buffalo capitalized in more of those moments they could easily be a 104-110 point team by game 82. If they capitalized in less they’d still be a mid 70 point team today.

That said, I’m rooting for Buffalo and against everybody in front of them.

Last edited:

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
In leagues with 80+ games I don’t think teams are a bounce, or a call, or a game away. Surely sometimes a team get lucky or unlucky, but more often than not I think teams fall short more often than they show up and that’s why they miss.

There are too many opportunities across 82 games to pick a moment or two. If Buffalo capitalized in more of those moments they could easily be a 104-110 point team by game 82. If they capitalized in less they’d still be a mid 70 point team today.

That said, I’m rooting for Buffalo and against everybody in front of them.
The most frustrating part is this team didn't bother to show up the first 40 games. When we lost to Columbus 9-4 the coach should have been fired.

This team has a ton of talent and they win despite Granato being outcoached night in and out.

Last edited:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
4 points back with 5 games remaining and I think we hold most of the tie breakers.

Crazier things have happened…

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
2 losses to Anaheim

The 2-1 home loss to Nashville when Nashville was still trying to get to .500.
The 9-4 loss at home to Columbus.
The 5-3 loss at home to Detroit where the Wings ran out to a 4-0 lead before Buffalo woke up.
Getting shutout 2-0 in Arizona.

Plenty of spots where they should have had to get closer. I wish they learned lessons from all of this, but I had hoped they would have learned things from LAST YEAR doing things like that. *sigh*

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
the Ottawa loss last week is deadly

Other losses are the blown 3rd period lead vs Winnipeg where UL ran out of gas and the Nashville game that same week (thanks, Adams)

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad