An Unlikely Path

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
With the injection of speed to the lineup has brought an unrealistic sense of hope. This feels like a different team that is attacking the offensive zone with pace and getting to the high danger scoring areas. So my brain wracking about is there, could there, be a path to the...

1710080873088.png

I looked at the remaining schedule for BUF, DET, TBL, WSH, PIT, NJD, NYI and PHI. Making some assumptions that the higher ranked teams will keep on winning and that the Sabres win their favourable matchups, predicting losses against VAN, DAL and FLA.

This does not account for any OT wins.

METRO (3rd Seed) --> NYI (90 Points)
WC1 --> BUF (93 Points)
WC2 --> TBL (92 Points)
9th --> WAS (83 Points)
10th --> DET (82 Points)
11th --> PHI (82 Points)
12th --> NJD (78 Points)
12th --> PIT (74 Points)

Is this realistic? No.

However, DET / PHI / NJD / PIT all have serious issues right now and have relatively hard schedules to close out the season. Buffalo also plays against their key opponents, so has some control over their destiny.

1710080922950.png

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm excited for your excitement that you can find a silver lining with the current team. However they couldn't sell me even if they went on a 13 game win streak.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Wings are struggling, Pens packed up for the year, Caps packed up for the year, Islanders are very meh

I 100% think we have a chance to at very least make things extremely interesting.

Tuesday night we need 2 points at home V Detroit. Absolute must win if we talking playoffs
PHI is hoping to get Risto back to have a chance to hold onto a spot. They dressed 5 D and one of them was Elder Johnson last night. They are in freefall.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Way too far out for the playoffs but Sabres are also 2 points away from passing 5 teams in the league standings.... I think we end up closer to drafting around 14 than current #8.

While I want them to make the playoffs, I will absolutely take pick #14, even if it increases the chances of getting a “worse” player.

Reactions: Ehran and Dirty Dog

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wings are struggling, Pens packed up for the year, Caps packed up for the year, Islanders are very meh

I 100% think we have a chance to at very least make things extremely interesting.

Tuesday night we need 2 points at home V Detroit. Absolute must win if we talking playoffs

Islanders under Roy have won five in a row (6-2-2 in their last 10) and the Caps have gone 7-2-1 in that span. Not sure that's packing it in.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
With yesterday’s win, moneypuck updated our playoff odds from 1% to 1.6% so I guess things are looking up.
I like to look at it as our odds of making the playoffs rocketed a staggering 60%! after yesterday's epic SO win against the surging Oilers.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I wonder, while there’s still a sliver of hope, who GMKA prioritizes, Rochester or Buffalo’s playoff chances.

Buffalo will not make the playoffs with Zemgus and Greenway on the top line.

At a minimum they should be calling up Kulich for a run.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I wonder, while there’s still a sliver of hope, who GMKA prioritizes, Rochester or Buffalo’s playoff chances.

Kulich has 1 goal since December. He has his own issues to figure out imo. I don’t think they’re gonna reward him for that.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If they make the playoffs from where they are now, they will clearly earn it and deserve it.

Not likely however due to so much beyond their control let alone what they need to accomplish.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The night that was listed was due to Thompson being out with whatever he's dealing with. Cozens with Tuch and Peterka got the most ESTOI. Kulich's been a mess, there is no reason to call him up with his game being as ass as it has been when he's been playing since coming back from the WJC's.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
The night that was listed was due to Thompson being out with whatever he's dealing with. Cozens with Tuch and Peterka got the most ESTOI. Kulich's been a mess, there is no reason to call him up with his game being as ass as it has been when he's been playing since coming back from the WJC's.
Can they call up Savoie?

Reactions: Team Cozens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad