Post-Game Talk: An OK start

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
To be fair, they looked really good last night.

And I was one of the biggest critics of the Keith trade. I thought the Ceci signing was alright, but I was disappointed with his play in the preseason.

So for both of them to look as good as they did last night is a BIG surprise for me. Ceci played like Pietrangelo last night, he was that good. And Keith looked like he turned the clock back about 7 years lol.
That’s some hyperbole lol. If Keith looked 7 years ago and Ceci looked like Pietrangelo we aren’t going even shot wise and only winning in a shootout.
Ceci was better than I expected and Keith had good moments too.
But saying they looked like Norris Keith and Pietrangelo … come on

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That’s some hyperbole lol. If Keith looked 7 years ago and Ceci looked like Pietrangelo we aren’t going even shot wise and only winning in a shootout.
Ceci was better than I expected and Keith had good moments too.
But saying they looked like Norris Keith and Pietrangelo … come on

Keith looked TERRIBLE the last two years. By comparison his game last night was basically something he hasn't shown in years, lol.

And yeah, Ceci was Pietrangelo good last night. I'd be hard pressed to find one mistake he made. His positioning all over the ice to break up plays and be available to move the puck out was insanely good.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Keith looked TERRIBLE the last two years. By comparison his game last night was basically something he hasn't shown in years, lol.

And yeah, Ceci was Pietrangelo good last night. I'd be hard pressed to find one mistake he made.
Then I guess we are winning the cup in 1 game and going undefeated lol

this is something a Leafs fan would post

Reactions: Stoneman89

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Then I guess we are winning the cup in 1 game and going undefeated lol

this is something a Leafs fan would post
Calgary Puck for sure. I know - I went and saw it for myself.

They were complaining about what I would call passion (Smith's celebration after winning the game, and the goal celebrations) The Oilers are emotionally invested early, and that's a good thing.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Calgary Puck for sure. I know - I went and saw it for myself.

They were complaining about what I would call passion (Smith's celebration after winning the game, and the goal celebrations) The Oilers are emotionally invested early, and that's a good thing.
I wonder if they complained anytime no save dave stopped the puck.

I know it was a rare occurrence though, so it didnt happen as often.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We have a 60p defenseman making 4.5mill. How ungrateful can you guys be? Jesus christ.
The night where he doesnt score he is a AHL/NHL tweener playing well over his head. When he gets his points he is a 6M player. We will see a mix of that for the next few yrs.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
How was he good? Weakest player for either team easy. Barrie was bad at both ends of the ice.
Okay, I think I slightly over-rated Barrie from last night. He did indeed get beaten on a number of occasions, which I was overlooking.

That said, some of the times he was in danger were resultant from Nurse's unnecessary rushes down the ice, which naturally exposes Barrie. Which again calls to mind my confusion over the coach's line combinations and defense-pairings, but that's beating a dead horse...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Okay, I think I slightly over-rated Barrie from last night. He did indeed get beaten on a number of occasions, which I was overlooking.

That said, some of the times he was in danger were resultant from Nurse's unnecessary rushes down the ice, which naturally exposes Barrie. Which again calls to mind my confusion over the coach's line combinations and defense-pairings, but that's beating a dead horse...
Our top guns werent at their best and we still won.

Can't complain about that.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I thought Barrie looked a little rough too, but it didn't help that he seemed to be up against Pettersson every other shift and was getting targeted on most entries.

Reactions: McDoused

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Half of our top pairing on a sweet-heart deal...yeah he's gone as soon as they can get rid of him.

:headache:

If you had to choose would you rather have Barrie for the next 2 years or Puljujarvi for the foreseeable future? Or a starting goalie? Or re-signing Bouchard after next year?

It isn't complicated to figure out why trading Barrie to clear some cap space may be necessary at some point.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If you had to choose would you rather have Barrie for the next 2 years or Puljujarvi for the foreseeable future? Or a starting goalie? Or re-signing Bouchard after next year?

It isn't complicated to figure out why trading Barrie to clear some cap space may be necessary at some point.
Trading Barrie isn't a good option unless we are getting someone better and likely more expensive as RD.. we will find other ways to keep Pulju and Bouchard long term while also adding a goalie of future.

No need to panic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad