Post-Game Talk: An OK start

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I agree. Training camp seemed to go on forever with game after game... and now the season has started and seems to be dragging as well... waiting 4Evar for another game and it's still 34 hours away... that's close to eternity.
Considering how early the "Captain skates" were happening it has been a ridiculous amount of time preparing. Its why I wondered why bother showing up so early. Do teams now need over a month to prepare for the regular season? It seems stupid considering that the NHL season and playoffs is marathon in length.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
It's conceivable some players could play 8 preseason games + 82 regular season + possibly 28 playoffs games (not likely 28... but some may play 25/26/27 games)... plus this year there's the extra grind of the Olympics thrown in with the distraction/disruption that brings with it.

Some players may end up playing 120+ games of hockey this season. Good luck staying healthy, fully motivated and in top condition through all that.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Don’t think Formenton was ever a buy low candidate. Nick Paul on the other hand..
Well buy low being someone who could have been snagged instead of Foegele. Don't think he was untouchable for OTT last season.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Not allowed to discuss contracts because I’m not the GM, got it.

May as well close 70% of the threads on this forum then.
Feel free to spend your time doing your fantasy contract numbers if that is what floats your boat. I am sure Holland will have time to see what you got on your spreadsheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad