Post-Game Talk: An OK start

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Growth and how those chances went in are very, very important. ;)

Yep- they are. Getting outplayed when you are up by two, not pushing back when they crawl back within 1. 1 shot away from it being tied and just waiting for a bad break. Weak one goes in.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yep- they are. Getting outplayed when you are up by two, not pushing back when they crawl back within 1. 1 shot away from it being tied and just waiting for a bad break. Weak one goes in.

They weren't outplayed in the third. They didn't give up many high danger chances at all, and played pretty much exactly how Tippett wants them to play (minus the stupid penalties).

Now, if you disagree with how Tippett wants to play, that's an argument I'd agree with you on. ;)

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Yeah the Barrie comments are ridiculous. Seems like he's a player that people like to slam. Not sure what it is really. Vast majority of this board were saying he was just here to milk a contract. Now they've just moved onto different angles like oh the leading D points player in the league sucks..
In the running for dumbest fanbase, honestly.
Pisses me off that we can't just appreciate finally having an elite offensive D

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Some do. A lot of people on HF like to really pick and choose their samples to fit whatever narrative it is they want to push though.

Arbitrary lines everywhere.

That is completely false. Folks who are analytics driven know that 1 game doesn’t mean anything and use larger sample sizes. They are purely data driven. Those who voice opinions usually don’t have the data and are more driven by confirmation bias. It’s not fair to lump the two together

Reactions: CycloneSweep

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
They weren't outplayed in the third. They didn't give up many high danger chances at all, and played pretty much exactly how Tippett wants them to play (minus the stupid penalties).

Now, if you disagree with how Tippett wants to play, that's an argument I'd agree with you on. ;)

Oh on Tippett we agree 100%

Reactions: Cloned

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That is completely false. Folks who are analytics driven know that 1 game doesn’t mean anything and use larger sample sizes. They are purely data driven. Those who voice opinions usually don’t have the data and are more driven by confirmation bias. It’s not fair to lump the two together
After literally one game we have people going “haha Larsson sucks, Ceci is 100x better LOL”
And trying to throw it in peoples faces.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Notice how happy the long term guys here were. Leon, Connor and Nuge were pumped and super happy for Hyman. They have to be thrilled to have a player of his caliber joining them after years of not having much of a supporting cast.
He seems to be happier here than he was in Toronto. Honestly a change of scenery can be everything a player needs.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
On another note, we (including myself) all wanted Mrazek and look at him getting lit up. Koskinen might very well be better..

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nah just know that if Keith or Ceci were to have had a "bad" game, you'd be all over that. But no props when they do well.
I said I thought Ceci and Keith looked fine last night. Some of you are overreacting and thinking they were great last night. And again I have never said Keith is a bad player. I said Keith had a bad season last year and should do better this year. I’ve said it from the start.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Hyman is great but Nuge isn't a good enough passer/playmaker for Hyman to produce IMO. It'll be a lot of wasted energy with no execution/production. He really needs to play with either Drai or Mcdavid.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's pretty close friends with Matthews apparently. I'm gonna LMAO if Matthews signs in Edmonton after his current contract.
That would be wild.
I loved when he was talking to Nuge after the goal and said something like “that easy?” And Nuge was like “oh yeah” lol

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I said I thought Ceci and Keith looked fine last night. Some of you are overreacting and thinking they were great last night. And again I have never said Keith is a bad player. I said Keith had a bad season last year and should do better this year. I’ve said it from the start.

To be fair, they looked really good last night.

And I was one of the biggest critics of the Keith trade. I thought the Ceci signing was alright, but I was disappointed with his play in the preseason.

So for both of them to look as good as they did last night is a BIG surprise for me. Ceci played like Pietrangelo last night, he was that good. And Keith looked like he turned the clock back about 7 years lol.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I think Barrie will be traded as soon as this upcoming off season.

He's easily the most likely player on our roster making significant $ that could conceivably be traded to someone with little to no cap coming back.
Half of our top pairing on a sweet-heart deal...yeah he's gone as soon as they can get rid of him.

:headache:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad