Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Came across this by accident:

Rantanen article from FinHL

http://www.nhl.com/ice/fi/news.htm?id=890433&navid=DL|NHL-fi|home

Translated:
Morning and afternoon fatigue. Intermittent sleep, general malaise. Stomach problems, dizziness, headache, loss, irritability and physical performance degradation of concentration.

Sounds like a really serious and incapacitating illness, but these symptoms are harmless as a tangible thing as jet lag.

The human body will come under severe strain in the transatlantic flight. Although the athlete's fitness is better than the average person, a symptom of the evening they too were not spared.

After a long flight should be quickly Training and fierce competition in the attack. Let's not able to succeed.

Colorado Avalanche Mikko Rantanen had to fly last summer, often in North American matter. He went draft combin, draftissa, Colorado, the development of young players in the camp, and even the national team tournament in Lake Placid.

- A total of nine Atlantic crossings came. It is quite hard in one summer. It is therefore now able to appreciate this summer, Rantanen says NHL.com/fi:lle.

- After a period of normally rested a couple of weeks, and since then I have been able to train all the time without interruption. The program does not need to fit extra breaks.

Rantanen says that he spent a week or so, the body is restored completely overflight.

- One time I tried to work out properly the next day, but I was pretty worn out. No it came to nothing.

Winnipeg Jets Patrik Laine will face a similar rally this summer. Rantanen Turku is practicing the same crowd Patrik Laine with. The duo has discussed a European newcomer how hard a game of the summer.

- Patella has been even more difficult, because the season made until the end of May. However, My season ended last year in April, Rantanen says.

- Very Laine has, however, been able to and developed in a short period of time.

Rantanen did not need to leave the development of young players to camp, even though, technically speaking, he is still a newcomer. Since the account amounted to just nine last season NHL game, a three-year contract newcomer officially begin until next season.

Rationale another North American period are anyway much better last season. Adapting itself was not a problem, but now Rantanen know exactly what kind of place he is going.

In nine NHL match did not come to power, but the AHL Rantanen showed maturity. He scored 52 playing as many as 60 points, which bore the selection of the entrant along with Frank Vatranon with.

Rantanen says with a laugh the idea that he could be both the AHL in consecutive years: the Rookie of the Year in the NHL.

- It's that time a lot easier to go there now than last season, when you know the players, coaches and parents. Now, will certainly be able to talk to more than the first few days, when you just did not know anyone.

Rantanen has been practicing in Turku familiar Hannu Rautala led training in groups. Total number of exercise sessions per week accumulates 11-12. The theme of the summer when I grow up is to increase the resistance to detonation.

- I'm trying to practice diverse, but to get, especially the strength and sharpness of the first kicks. As a result, a lot has been pulled sled bets Turku Sports Park.

Rantanen has been practicing healthy summer. It is good news for the Colorado Avalanche leadership that is waiting for the next season Sesta Beach next season, a constant game of the NHL team.

Colorado did not make any big acquisitions in the summer, which suistaisivat Rantanen off playing the chains. The Hockey News named Colorado as one of the losers in the transfer market.

- I believe that we have a good group together. Extracts keep but to get even, because last season the level fluctuated to match pretty much. against good teams played well, but often badly against poorer, Rantanen says.

It will be able to dock a strong trend is likely to actually influence the next season very much.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Today is Avs day on NHL's 30 in 30.

30 in 30 Avalanche

I haven't read it yet. So I'm expecting a bunch of "They suck because Roy"

EDIT: LOL! According to their little 3 minute video Calvin Pickard was traded this offseason :shakehead

This is just shameful

Haha I noticed that too and was like wtf?

It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I think they had a pretty fair assessment in that Mackinnon and Varly both have to be better. They realize we are leaning towards our youngsters but also realize we have to have a better defensive system in place as well. I did think it was funny that their main question was if we could find more scoring or not. Yes, we need to put it in the back of the net more but I would have said that a revamp of our defensive structure would be the most important.

I think outlook is based more off of how freaking strong the rest of our division is rather than how ****** our team is. :)

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Today is Avs day on NHL's 30 in 30.

30 in 30 Avalanche

I haven't read it yet. So I'm expecting a bunch of "They suck because Roy"

EDIT: LOL! According to their little 3 minute video Calvin Pickard was traded this offseason :shakehead

This is just shameful

Watching that video with Moser where they talk about the -839 SAT is kind of mind blowing. The fact they were able to still be in the hunt for the playoffs speaks volumes about the talent on this team.. wow.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Saw this at Patrik Laine thread at prospects forum. A 40min doc about Finnish NHL players summer training. Its mostly about Rantanen, with some comments from Ristolainen and Laine. It has English subtitles.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Has this bit of Literary Genius been posted yet?

A few punches might have been below the waist but not entirely undue. Seemed like a Friar's Club roast more than anything else. It just embellished the bad to make borderline offensive and dumb jokes. I would say that is par for the course in journalism these days but then I realized I'd never heard of either the website you linked or the author who wrote it...all that considered..not too shabby. I'd say it's a notch better than what HF produces but a step down from the guy who used to run that divalanche website.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad